article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Steve Groom, Maryland Home Buyers in Baltimore ! #6- I figured after so many people were asking to me help them out with marketing projects on the side, I could do this gig part-time while also managing the kids and household. As the agency work poured in, I also tried to manage everything on the home front.

article thumbnail

Why I left Wall Street to figure it out.

Austin Startup

The manager of the promotion knew me from having worked on another promotion at the previous year’s SXSW festival for State Farm, and she liked my work. I talked to the manager about this problem and called it off. in the African communities around me? How did I get the gig? How can I use my phone to get that delivered to me?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Did Prior to Starting Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

The owner was not equipped to manage people. He also didn’t believe in supporting the community and supporting local organizations through our skills. More importantly, we continue to help the community through pro-bono projects, supporting non-profits and charitable campaigns, and giving back where and when we can.

article thumbnail

SXSW Pitch Finalist: Hemafuse

Austin Startup

In addition to entrepreneurship, she has a background in chemical engineering, supply chain management, biomedical engineering research, microbiology research, and new product development for U.S. Yarina spoke about the meaning of Sisu in Finnish, the importance of building community, and what she loves about being in Baltimore.

article thumbnail

Startup Chica Spotlight: Meet Some of Austin’s Female Founders

Austin Startup

Her work in the healthcare space as a client manager inspired her to pursue an MBA, which she completed at the University of Texas at Austin. The MamaLingua community has reached well beyond Austin, Texas, expanding nationally and globally. She has a bachelor’s degree in communications from the University of Maryland-College Park.

Founder 62
article thumbnail

Statisticians make the world go round

The Startup Magazine

Governments use statistics in order to help them make decisions, they also use social science for research into communities, and this also leans heavily on statistics. Communication skills that you can apply to colleagues as well as with your data results. They make the rules that govern everything we do day to day. New Jersey.

article thumbnail

Lean startup tools for Rails apps

www.subelsky.com

Kristen Stewart first sport the look at the Costum Institut Gala in May nike air max 2010 , and though her daring, sheer Chanel Haut Coutur gown divid the fashion community, wholesale nike air max we see it as the style-savvi star mere show how fashion-forward she is. May 17, 2010 9:44 PM Chris said. June 2, 2010 10:38 PM wangyajuan713 said.

Lean 41