article thumbnail

Why Small Community Lenders Have Your Back

Up and Running

trillion in assets and have the marketing budget to prove it. But don’t fret—community lenders are helping small businesses. Meet the community lenders. Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) are one type of community lender. You know their jingle. in Maine.

Community 117
article thumbnail

I am a proud Mexican-American “Tejano” who grew up in South Texas.

Austin Startup

I love you New England, but Texas is calling me home Why we Moved Back To Texas I love you New England, but Texas is calling me home I am a proud Mexican-American “Tejano” who grew up in South Texas. As a teenager I moved away from Texas to Chicago to put myself through school and find opportunity outside of South Texas.

Texas 48
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Texas Startup Manifesto 2.0

Austin Startup

Texas is the most promising technology market in the United States. Now the 9th largest economy in the world, it‘s clear that the rest of the world is waking up to the potential in Texas. Startups and investors should treat Texas like one big city. Are they drawn to Texas or moving away from California? Jim Breyer.

Texas 90
article thumbnail

STRAP Technologies, Groundbreaking Device to Aid the Visually Impaired, Announces New Hire

Austin Startup

Strap Technologies, the groundbreaking company headquartered in Austin, Texas with a mission to become the world’s first substitute for the white cane, has announced that Natalia Ferriz will join the rapidly expanding team as Marketing Director.

article thumbnail

The Austin State of Entrepreneurship

Austin Startup

Hear more stories like theirs, and discover the extensiveness of Austin’s startup community by watching the entire State of Entrepreneurship at the top or the clips below. Rygwelski) Wildeboer - Senior Director of Marketing | US Programs, Lead Gen & Sales Enablement - MassChallenge | LinkedIn Anthony J. LinkedIn Brett A.

Austin 68
article thumbnail

Meet our Startup Chica Committee Members

Austin Startup

Startup Chica Spotlight: Meet our 2019 Committee Members Meet the Austin professionals and community leaders who have embraced the Latinitas mission and helped make Startup Chica 2019 a reality. As Latinitas ambassadors, they have offered their expertise and support in event planning, marketing, business, technology and more.

article thumbnail

Strap Technologies Prepares For New Round of Growth With New Technology Officer: Benjamin Eynon

Austin Startup

Eynon has spent the majority of his career in the semiconductor industry, over 20 years of which in executive roles over the areas of R&D engineering, high volume manufacturing, marketing, and new business development. and for Baylor University’s Electrical and Computer Engineering Department.