article thumbnail

We’re Hiring a Platform and Operations Associate at NextView

View from Seed

From the beginnings of NextView, we have had a commitment to being high-conviction, hands-on, seed stage focused investors. You will be supporting the firm’s external outreach efforts to build the brand and presence of NextView within the broader entrepreneurial community. About NextView.

article thumbnail

GrabCAD & Professional Communities ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

How to Evaluate Firms for a Seed VC. GrabCAD & Professional Communities. NextView originally invested in the company’s seed round in the spring of 2011 and we again participated in this latest round along with Atlas Venture. I co-founded NextView Ventures , a seed-stage VC firm based in Boston, in 2010.

Community 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

We’re looking for entrepreneurs to join us at Forward Partners

The Equity Kicker

As I’ve written before here at Forward Partners we work with entrepreneurs to help them launch and scale their companies in two different ways. Wool and the Gang - a fashion brand that people love which has an innovative community based manufacturing model. Both sides are free to walk away.

Partner 117
article thumbnail

Lessons from a Diverse Venture Capital Portfolio

This is going to be BIG.

Brooklyn Bridge Ventures , the pre-seed and seed stage VC fund I run in NYC, has invested in 64 companies in the last six and a half years. All were backed based on the sole criteria that they had the potential to make my limited partners a lot of money. Twenty-five of them have at least one female co-founder.

article thumbnail

How To Get a Job In Venture Capital

VC Adventure

It’s interesting to note that the majority of these new funds are focused on Seed stage investing (not surprising if you follow the market, although investments at the Seed and Seed + stages have started to decline quite a bit from their peak a few years ago). Get involved in your community.

article thumbnail

Building A Sales Development Function for Early Stage Startups with Sally Duby

Mucker Lab

Platforms like LinkedIn and sales-oriented communities such as Sales Hackers, Revenue Genius, and SDR Nation are valuable for posting job opportunities. Additionally, exploring competitors and partners on LinkedIn provides avenues to connect with potential candidates.

article thumbnail

Who Should be on Your Startup Board?

Both Sides of the Table

just having a sparring partner with a vested interest in your success can be useful. As per the chart above, I highly recommend keeping a founder dominated board at the seed stage. Whether the seed investor gets a permanent seat or a temporary seat will largely depend on: The size check they wrote (If it’s a $1.5m