article thumbnail

5 Startup Funding Models That Depend On The Consumer

Startup Professionals Musings

Concurrently, I am seeing an upswing in the number of entrepreneurs and startups, with the cost of entry at an all-time low, and the new focus on entrepreneurship in every university and every community development organization. Other popular sites for startups, including StartupNation and Startups.co Marty Zwilling.

article thumbnail

Why Your Startup Should Be Involved in Open Source

ReadWriteStart

Oftentimes, when you hear the arguments for "Why open source?", they are aimed at convincing companies to use open source software. But the other piece of the argument is, of course, an argument for why your company should build open source - why it should develop its technology in a community-driven, open sourced way.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Requests for Startups in 2024

VC Cafe

Commercial open source companies – being open source is a powerful way to gain developer adoption and sell to enterprises a lot sooner. Social Hybrid AI x human communities – messaging & social apps where bots are treated as equal citizens.

article thumbnail

5 Crowdfunding Approaches To Tempt Every Entrepreneur

Startup Professionals Musings

Concurrently, I am seeing an upswing in the number of entrepreneurs and startups, with the cost of entry at an all-time low, and the new focus on entrepreneurship in every university and every community development organization. Other popular sites for startups, including StartupNation and Startups.co Marty Zwilling.

article thumbnail

Hiring A Web Developer: 11 Questions You Must Ask Ahead Of Time

YoungUpstarts

If you are a business owner who is not an expert in web development, finding someone (or an agency) you can trust to build your website is critical. To help with your vetting process, here are eleven questions to ask your would-be developers before making a decision: 1. What do you do? What part of your job excites you?

article thumbnail

Open Source Entrepreneurship

Steve Blank

One of the great things about being a retired entrepreneur is that I get to give back to the community that helped me. customer development. The Slides/Video tab on the top of this page has all the open source course material for my classes. Some general customer development slides click here. Free: Startup Tools.

article thumbnail

How to Choose a Programming Language as a Tech Startup

The Startup Magazine

Source: Pexels. From your team’s familiarity with the language, to development costs and available resources, there are many factors to consider when choosing a programming language. Remote developers are statistically more experienced and you can hire based on their proficiency instead of proximity to your office.