article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Today I’d like to talk about what startup communities outside of Silicon Valley look like, how they emerge and what makes them take hold. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate. Think Fred Wilson, Tony Hsieh or Brad Feld.

Community 378
article thumbnail

San Diego and Entrepreneurial Communities

David Cohen

Last night, I was invited by Xconomy to come to San Diego and talk about entrepreneurial communities at a private dinner that had about 25 entrepreneurs and investors that care deeply about the issue. I talked about how the real up and coming communities are entrepreneur led.

San Diego 130
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

For those that cannot afford the services of my company, I make sure to volunteer in leadership positions with the Junior League of San Diego. But, you can be sure that as an entrepreneur, each day will be loaded with new possibilities to challenge yourself, be innovative, and learn something new. 3- Based on my background.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

But this is becoming less true today, as more and more entrepreneurs find their way across the U.S. Increasingly, these metro areas are regularly appearing in rankings of the best cities in the United States for startups and entrepreneurs. It’s no wonder so many entrepreneurs launch their startup in Boulder. Boulder, CO.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneur Fills a Market Void by Building Female-Focused Co-Working Spaces

Hearpreneur

It is the true entrepreneur that takes that frustration and turns it into an opportunity which usually means creating a business and sometimes resulting in an empire. Felena Hanson has shown that she is a true entrepreneur. Hera Hub is a spa-inspired, shared workspace and business accelerator for female entrepreneurs.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2022

Hearpreneur

In the last few days of 2022, we asked a few entrepreneurs and businesses what their biggest business accomplishments were. #1- 8- Finding a way to give back to my community. I was born and raised in Mexico but currently, I live in beautiful San Diego California. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneur Share Their Goals for 2020

Hearpreneur

Often entrepreneurs and business owners create their New Year’s Resolutions around their business. We asked 30 entrepreneurs to share their business goals and what they were looking forward to in 2020. #1- 6- Creating a deeper sense of community. As a founder, our community will be my biggest focus in the new year.