article thumbnail

The Impact of Community

Duct Tape Marketing

The Impact of Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing Marketing Podcast with Lloyed Lobo In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast , I interview Lloyed Lobo. He is an entrepreneur, podcast host, and community builder. Would you support that idea? [10:39] 11:32] The subtitle of the book has 13 rules.

article thumbnail

Miami: A hot spot for venture capitalists

David Teten

I was visiting as part of Terrapinn Private Equity World, a leading private equity conference for the Latin American technology community. Miami has many of the assets of an entrepreneurial hub, notably a flourishing creative community, and a strong public university system.

Miami 114
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Hire for Sweat Equity…

www.drowningamerican.com

Next → How to Hire for Sweat Equity…. That being said the following is available to the right candidate: • 3-5% equity in the company (based on experience). • $50,000/year salary once we obtain funding (target: January, 2010). And now I’m trying to get my own team, and have them work for equity. Post navigation.

article thumbnail

Forget Presidential Politics: Here’s How We Create Jobs — And How You Can Help

Gust

In San Francisco alone, according to Mayor Ed Lee, the technology industry added 13,000 out of the 25,000 new jobs created in the past two years, bringing the city’s unemployment rate to the third-lowest in California. That presents the tech entrepreneurship community with a genuine opportunity to influence outcomes.

article thumbnail

The Investors Guide to SXSW 2019

Austin Startup

Grab a group of friends and tour the latest and greatest of Austin’s startup community. public, private, debt, equity, market return, concessionary capital, etc. We will also touch on how the investment community needs to change their thinking, patience, and risk-tolerance in order to invest in the Deep Tech space.

article thumbnail

Why Investors are Loving Austin as an Innovation Hub!

Austin Startup

To give a high-level snapshot of the activity in just the investment community alone this past June, ATX Venture Partners closed a $150M fund, 8VC filed with the SEC regarding plans to raise an $880M fund and Mainsail Partners, a growth equity fund based in San Francisco, is planning to open an office in Austin this September ( Source: AustinInno ).

Austin 111
article thumbnail

This Week in VC with Dana Settle of Greycroft Partners

Both Sides of the Table

Platform that provides radio music programming via crowd sourced contributions from social community; programming is syndicated nationally. Tested platform on San Francisco’s Live 105; then scaled out for national syndication with positive audience uplift. Read more: VentureWire (requires login) , SF Business Times.

Partner 240