article thumbnail

Who Should be on Your Startup Board?

Both Sides of the Table

As per the chart above, I highly recommend keeping a founder dominated board at the seed stage. Whether the seed investor gets a permanent seat or a temporary seat will largely depend on: The size check they wrote (If it’s a $1.5m —?just having a sparring partner with a vested interest in your success can be useful.

article thumbnail

New Early Stage Financing Options for Entrepreneurs

Startup Professionals Musings

If you are new to the entrepreneurial world of startups, you are likely confused by the terminology of seed-stage, lean startups, micro-VCs, and Super Angels. Seed-stage means promising companies that don’t yet have a revenue stream, and may not yet have a proof of concept. Super Angels. Business accelerator.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

An Alternative to Board Decks Some Seed VCs Actually Prefer

View from Seed

Over the summer, based on feedback from our portfolio and the broader startup community, NextView created pre-formatted board deck templates for seed-stage startups — part of our Growth Guides series. As Rob Go wrote , board decks and board meetings can waste loads of time at the seed stage.

article thumbnail

Series Seed Financing Documents

www.seriesseed.com

Series Seed Financing Documents Blog. « About the Series Seed Documents | Main. Series Seed Financing Documents. Please note, these are the latest versions of the Series Seed Documents.    Series Seed COI (v 2.0). Series Seed IRA (v 2.0). .  SeriesSeed.com.

Finance 40
article thumbnail

New Early Stage Financing Options for Entrepreneurs

Gust

If you are new to the entrepreneurial world of startups, you are likely confused by the terminology of seed-stage, lean startups, micro-VCs, and Super Angels. Seed-stage means promising companies that don’t yet have a revenue stream, and may not yet have a proof of concept. Super Angels. Business accelerator.

article thumbnail

Should You Consider Replacing Yourself as CEO?

Both Sides of the Table

I have a very public seed stage investment policy and awe.sm I wish the tech community would found its own version of YPO Forum. To watching Fred lead our sales, marketing and implementation efforts and driving the recruiting & financing of the company. I saw it first hand. ” So true. chapter unfold.

article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. Seed-stage compatible: Like traditional equity VC investors, Flexible VCs accomodate early-stage investment risk within their portfolios better than a traditional RBI funder. Lower level of community familiarity. Of the Inc.