article thumbnail

Interview with Chris Garland of Botswana

The Startup Magazine

As the Managing Director of Fidelity Indemnity (Pty) Limited, a diversified business consultancy that works with high-net-worth individuals and enterprises investing in the 16-nation Southern African Development Community (SADC) , he’s among the top business experts in the region. What originally attracted you to Botswana?

article thumbnail

The Impact of Techbikers – Part II

VC Cafe

Nisha Kadaba, our friend and associate development manager for Room to Read, helped coordinate a visit to the Shree Chandrajyoti Secondary School in Nuwakot District, about two hours from Kathmandu. 10 Literacy Instruction programmes implemented in South Africa, Nepal, Cambodia, and Bangladesh. These figures are impressive?—?but

Nepal 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Embracing Your Entrepreneurial Superpower Being Unemployable

Duct Tape Marketing

10:00] Back in South Africa you got shot, what did that story mean to your journey? [11:53] That even though everyone in South Africa said to us, you're mad, what are you doing going to America for a sales app? Let's go back to South Africa. 08:58] You talk about superpowers and finding your superpower.

article thumbnail

Bucket List Corporate Travel Destinations: 5 Places Your Employees Won’t Want to Miss

The Startup Magazine

South Africa. Known to be an expensive luxury, few individuals ever manage to make it out to Africa to indulge in this immersive experience. A safari is often near the top of many people’s dream experiences. And it can also combine with other classics, like a hot air balloon ride!

Maldives 101
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

When he did manage to start his own business, it was short-lived and failed. BMW introduced subscription fees for their cars, creating revolutionary changes in the conservative automotive community. The Fat Sheep project in South Africa's barren Karoo landscape is my favorite turnaround story. Photo Credit: Paul Bowley.

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

In High school I made flyers telling everyone I was going to own a hair salon that held fashion shows and in college I majored in Business Management. If you know how to manage it, you can leave a life of freedom. Thanks to Debra Benton, Benton Management Resources, Inc. ! #12 I always loved the world of business.

article thumbnail

Best Practices for Nonprofit Civic Engagement

Board Effect

Nonprofits enhance civic engagement by encouraging community involvement, maintaining a sense of democracy, filling the gaps in governments services, and giving the community a voice. Keep your activities on a manageable scale and intentionally target your projects and results. Foster partnerships that are reciprocal.