article thumbnail

Why Should a Founder Meet With You?

This is going to be BIG.

I’ve been coaching a lot of non-partner VC professionals and their number one challenge (besides taking obligatory meetings that their GP throws over the fence at the last minute—GPs, why do you do this? Stop wasting your team’s time and a founder’s time. Just pass when you think it’s a pass.) As a Principal, you have some juice.

Founder 88
article thumbnail

2018: Year in review and a look ahead

Version One Ventures

US VC deal flow in healthcare hit an all-time high this year as we continue to refine our thesis on the space. And finally, we wish to thank everyone who has been a part of the Version One community for this incredible year, from our LPs, peers, partners, entrepreneurs, friends, followers, and our families.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

VC Platform community has grown approximately 120% in the last 3 years. Dan Kozikowski, Partner and Head of Platform, First Mark Capital , said to me, “Firms should match services to the stage-specific needs of companies. All content is developed and delivered by the Real Ventures partners. AskAnything.VC Advantages.

article thumbnail

Digital.NYC: The First Ecosystem Hub

Gust

praised the hub and its place in the community. If any member of the community is not using these established resources they can add themselves to the hub via simple forms found on most of the site’s pages. IBM partnered to provide sponsorship and hosting on it’s Bluemix cloud platform. Gust News'

article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

My Partners at HOF Capital are younger than I am, which means that we have a half-century horizon for the franchise we are building. – Encourage founders to turn to other founders and their broader community as resources, not just the VC’s own staff. So we think about scaling a lot. This requires a real financial sacrifice.

article thumbnail

The Twenty Year Itch: My Last VC Investment Out of Brooklyn Bridge Ventures

This is going to be BIG.

I’ll also continue to work within the NYC tech community—now thriving at a level I could hardly have imagined when I first got the pitch deck for USV’s first fund as a Limited Partner at the GM pension fund. To think, I almost didn’t take that 2004 meeting because it was a NYC-based fund. Consider this.

article thumbnail

There Is Only ONE Silicon Valley

Gust

It hosts an environment which many other communities have attempted to emulate, although they haven’t and won’t. Many other communities are entrepreneur-friendly and, by any measure, have the tools in place to spawn new high growth companies. The Valley has been a unique place for over half a century.