article thumbnail

The Impact of Community

Duct Tape Marketing

The Impact of Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing Marketing Podcast with Lloyed Lobo In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast , I interview Lloyed Lobo. He is an entrepreneur, podcast host, and community builder. Would you support that idea? [10:39] 11:32] The subtitle of the book has 13 rules.

article thumbnail

5 Steps To Finding The Best Investor For Your Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

Taking on equity investors to fund your company is much like getting married – it is a long-term relationship that has to work at all levels. Check for positive or negative news articles, press releases, relationships, and support of community organizations. Invite the investor to dinner or fun-related activity.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

I’ve recently advised a number of emerging private equity and VC funds who are wrestling with the question: What are the highest impact steps they can take to support their portfolio companies? . Almost every private equity and venture capital investor now advertises that they have a platform to support their portfolio companies.

article thumbnail

Rally Gives $1.3 Million To The Boulder Community

Feld Thoughts

After getting up at 5, having a delightful run at 6, walking Brooks, and then hanging with Amy for four minutes, I got in my car and drove over to Rally Software for their Big 1% Give Back event. Million To The Boulder Community appeared first on Feld Thoughts. I remember numerous conversations with Ryan about this.

Community 182
article thumbnail

New Meetup on Building Tech Tools for Private Equity+VC Investors

David Teten

I’ve just launched a new Meetup and online community I’m heading up with David. We are also actively looking for potential sponsors of our first event. The post New Meetup on Building Tech Tools for Private Equity+VC Investors appeared first on David Teten. I asked him to write a guest post: Hi! Join here.

article thumbnail

Awesome Austin Tech Events, May 8–15

Austin Startup

Some of the most interesting events in Austin for the week of May 8 through May 14 are as follows: Mon, May 8 thru Thurs, May 11: OSCON OSCON brings the software engineering and developer community together to explore what’s new and useful in open source languages, tools, and techniques. At Galvanize at 10:30 am. $79 79 entry fee.

article thumbnail

We’re Hiring a Platform and Operations Associate at NextView

View from Seed

We are looking to bring on board a versatile new team member to support the varied internal operations of the firm as well as collaborate with the partners on our external programs and communications with the broader entrepreneurial community. You have effective written communication skills with an established body of work.