article thumbnail

We’re Hiring a Platform and Operations Associate at NextView

View from Seed

With the recent announcement of our fourth fund , we are expanding the team at NexView with a new Platform and Operations Associate. This role will be virtual through the end of the pandemic, but will ultimately be based in either our New York or Boston office. What Will The Job Be Like. A Final Note. How To Apply .

article thumbnail

Why Small Community Lenders Have Your Back

Up and Running

But don’t fret—community lenders are helping small businesses. Meet the community lenders. Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) are one type of community lender. They are usually nonprofit organizations committed to the mission of making capital accessible to the communities they serve.

Community 117
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

New Meetup on Building Tech Tools for Private Equity+VC Investors

David Teten

My colleague Sebastian Soler, software engineer at ff Venture Capital, is leading the launch of a new Meetup with me. I’ve just launched a new Meetup and online community I’m heading up with David. The post New Meetup on Building Tech Tools for Private Equity+VC Investors appeared first on David Teten.

article thumbnail

Leaving Government for the Private Sector – Part 2

Steve Blank

Advisory Board members are often paid in a balance of equity (stock options) and cash (“cash” is the industry term for money wired to your bank account). I didn’t want to have to sell back into the intelligence community, because I didn’t want to leverage my contacts so tactically, but plenty of people do it (and we need good people to do it.

article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

– Encourage founders to turn to other founders and their broader community as resources, not just the VC’s own staff. Sophisticated VC and private equity funds have a wide array of options for leveraging outside operating executives. Manhattan, New York City, in 1911. This evolves the VC from a server to a router.

article thumbnail

Strengthening Community Ties: How Nonprofit Leaders Can Better Approach Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion

Board Effect

As the details of these tragedies unfolded, the incidents opened up a national conversation about the need to take a serious look at the issue of diversity, equity, and inclusion within every organization and walk of life. The concern over racial disparities in nonprofit leadership is not a new issue. of nonprofit boards were white.

Equity 105
article thumbnail

Five common misconceptions about building a startup in New York City

This is going to be BIG.

It’s really difficult for me not to get into the thick of discussions about whether or not you can and/or should build a company in New York City. I grew up here, went to school here, and have worked hard over the last 5+ years to help build up the NYC innovation community. Do you have a Bose radio at home?