article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Build a Community Around Your Business

Duct Tape Marketing

Transcript of How to Build a Community Around Your Business written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. He is a community and collaboration strategy consultant, advisor and speaker. He is a community and collaboration strategy consultant, advisor and speaker. Back to Podcast. Transcript. This is John Jantsch.

article thumbnail

Managing an Expanding Business, With Your Mission Guiding the Way

Duct Tape Marketing

This week on the Duct Tape Marketing podcast, I sit down with Matt Scanlon, owner of The Hill KC in Kansas City. Once Scanlon began running the gym, he started to notice other ways to serve the community. This week on the Duct Tape Marketing podcast, I sit down with Matt Scanlon, owner of The Hill KC in Kansas City.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Texas goes to Kansas City for the Kauffman Foundation Eship Summit

Austin Startup

Trey Bowles from The Dallas Entrepreneurship Center (The DEC), Joshua Baer from Capital Factory, JR Reale from Station Houston, and Preston James from DivInc together in Kansas City, MO for the Kauffman Foundation Eship Summit. This was my first time visiting Kansas City. Kansas City seems to be the Austin of the mid-west.

article thumbnail

How To Create A Brand Name For Your Company

Duct Tape Marketing

He also has a new book: Brand Naming: The Complete Guide to Creating a Name for Your Company, Product, or Service. Key Takeaway: A name is one of the first, longest-lasting, and most important decisions in defining the identity of your company, your product, or your service. Rob Meyerson is a professional namer and brand consultant.

Naming 76
article thumbnail

Sprint and Techstars Launch Startup Accelerator for Mobile Health

Feld Thoughts

It’s based in Kansas City (Sprint’s headquarters) and is our fourth powered by Techstars accelerator, joining Nike , Kaplan , and R/GA. I’m an enormous fan of four things about the Sprint Accelerator – what we call “PBTS” (powered by Techstars), mobile health, Kansas City, and Sprint.

article thumbnail

What is a Social Enterprise?

Up and Running

This incorporates a socially beneficial mission with a manufacturing arm that produces a useful product for its targeted demographic, while also directly providing employment to members of that demographic. According to the Harvard Business Review, in most U.S. Here in the U.S.

article thumbnail

The Top 10 Duct Tape Marketing Podcast Episodes for 2019

Duct Tape Marketing

Matt Scanlon is a fellow Kansas City business owner. He runs The Hill KC , which began as a local CrossFit gym and has expanded to offer corporate wellness products and services to folks in the community who have disabilities or need help getting access to wellness services.