article thumbnail

Fueling Your Growth With Facebook Groups And Communities

Duct Tape Marketing

Fueling Your Growth With Facebook Groups And Communities written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. John is the VP of Community & Impact Partnerships at Facebook. He was part of the management team that was instrumental in launching NYTimes.com’s first digital paid product and the acquisition of About.com.

article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Product development leverage

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Sunday, April 26, 2009 Product development leverage Leverage has once again become a dirty word in the world of finance, and rightly so. But I want to talk about a different kind of leverage, the kind that you can get in product development. Its a key lean startup concept. Yeah, weve got that.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The cardinal sin of community management

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Friday, September 11, 2009 The cardinal sin of community management Once you have a product launched, you will the face the joys – and the despair – of a community that grows up around it. This probably sounds illogical. Then the reality of our problem hit us.

Community 158
article thumbnail

How Can I Start Content Marketing With Limited Resources?

Brandanew

Don’t fall for every vanity metric out there. You need a good balance between growing your community , but also keeping it engaged. You can spend your energy towards client acquisition, collaboration, and product development. Take away resources hogging money and producing no results. Remember your time = cost.

Marketing 100
article thumbnail

Beyond the garage

Startup Lessons Learned

It may be hard to remember that there was a time when people in the agile software development community thought Lean Startup was incompatible with agile practices. No BS, no vanity metrics, no launches, no PR. If you’re still kicking yourself for missing him last year, do yourself a favor and don’t make the same mistake again.

article thumbnail

How Sin-Mei Tsai, Shippo’s VP of Engineering, Defines Code Quality

Version One Ventures

Six weeks ago, we kicked off a new series where we profile an awesome operator in our network to learn about his/her work and contributions to his/her organization and community at large. With that said, I thought it would be great to share Sin-Mei’s insight and wisdom with our blog community. Value to customers.

article thumbnail

You Are What You Measure, So Choose Your KPIs (Incentives) Wisely!

Occam's Razor

While there is a great deal of appreciation for the power of metrics/data, I've come to realize that Sr. Leaders don't quite appreciate the deep, and often corrosive, consequences of choosing metric x over metric y as a key performance indicator (KPI). It is a standard metric. Don't believe me?

Metrics 152