Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Entrepreneur Remove Networking
article thumbnail

10 Lessons On The Value Of Self-Promotion In Business

Startup Professionals Musings

Too many entrepreneurs I know still believe that that their great idea will carry the startup, and they may even minimize their own value, especially if they have introvert tendencies. Yet most investors agree that the “idea” is worth nothing alone, and it’s the entrepreneur execution that counts. Your personal life is now public.

article thumbnail

New Crowdfunding Site CrowdIt To Incorporate Mentoring, Networking

YoungUpstarts

CrowdIt ( www.crowdit.com ) aims to take a different approach to crowdfunding by building an online community, as well as incorporating elements of mentoring, peer review and business networking for inventors, innovators, entrepreneurs and other associated dreamers.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

No matter the tale, the background behind each and every business is what fuels each entrepreneur and brand. #1- My co-founder and I started our labor-only moving company as the first movers ourselves. 6- To give back to the community. Thanks to Jacob Dayan, Community Tax ! #7- Photo Credit: Laura Spawn.

article thumbnail

7 Entrepreneurs Reveal the Organization, Communities or Associations they Belong to That Help Support Their Business

Hearpreneur

Engaging with diverse organizations, communities, and associations is crucial for fostering growth and sustainability in any business. These affiliations provide a network of support, valuable insights, and collaborative opportunities that contribute to the overall success of the enterprise. 5- Community Mums & Co.

Community 127
article thumbnail

10 Tips On Selling Yourself As Well As Your Startup

Too many entrepreneurs I know still believe that that their great idea will carry the startup, and they may even minimize their own value, especially if they have introvert tendencies. Yet most investors agree that the “idea” is worth nothing alone, and it’s the entrepreneur execution that counts. Your personal life is now public.

Startup 331
article thumbnail

7 Attributes of An Entrepreneur's Startup Dream Team

There is a common belief in the angel and venture capital community that you put your money on the best team, rather than the best idea. Thus the top priority of every entrepreneur who wants funding should be to build and highlight their “dream team” of co-founders, executives and advisers, to attract the biggest and best investors.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Share Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Entrepreneurs often have a vision and a passion for their ideas, products, or services. Seeing that women want financial freedom just as much as males, I figured they'd need a place where they could network and gain the knowledge they needed to succeed. Upon realizing this, the Women's Real Estate Investors Network was founded.