Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Entrepreneur Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

Amsterdam-based Rockstart Accelerator’s first graduates head to Silicon Valley

The Next Web

The accelerator, which counts Amazon CTO Werner Vogels among its startup mentors , will be showcasing its first batch of startups (see list below) in Silicon Valley on the 20th of September, followed by a panel discussion about “The Future of the European Startup Community” Sounds riveting!

article thumbnail

The One Video Every Silicon Valley Investor Should Watch

Both Sides of the Table

From left to right above is Tristan Walker (founder of Walker & Co), Magic Johnson (successful NBA basketball player and successful business man – his two life goals), Beatriz Acevedo (founder of Mitu, the largest Latino digital media company) and Troy Carter (founder of Atom Factory and Cross Culture Ventures).

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

[Review] Startup Communities

YoungUpstarts

“We need to be like Silicon Valley,” we hear many a startup community organizer around the world intone. But early-stage investor and entrepreneur Bred Feld, the co-founder of VC firms Mobius and Foundry, as well as startup accelerator TechStars , thinks trying to be Silicon Valley is a fool’s errand.

Community 174
article thumbnail

My Advice To Entrepreneurs: Consider Canada For Your Startup

YoungUpstarts

By Raj Narayanaswamy, cofounder and Co-CEO, Replicon. For aspiring entrepreneurs, it’s hard to resist the allure of Silicon Valley. You’d be forgiven for thinking that any budding entrepreneur should only look at setting up in Silicon Valley to be successful.

Canada 100
article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

Silicon Valley has dominated the U.S. Despite repeated efforts, only a few cities outside the Valley (New York and Boston) have historically had the critical mix of VC funding, network, and talent to fuel vibrant startup centers. cities (outside of Silicon Valley and the East Coast), to build your startup.

article thumbnail

5 Outrageously Innovative Israeli Startups to Watch in 2020

ReadWriteStart

Silicon Valley gets significant attention for its role in producing tech startups that often go on to see massive, international success. Our platform’s ‘EQ’ is higher than mine”, as Ori Manor, Co-founder and CEO, once stated. Israeli entrepreneurs aren’t just interested in financial gain, of course.

article thumbnail

Finding Your Co-Founders

techcrunch.com

And make sure to read our recent posts with advice from Mint CEO Aaron Patzer on his advice to entrepreneurs as well ( here and here ). The number one question you all asked after reading my last blog post about starting a business from scratch was “how do I find my co-founders?&# The first post, From Nothing To Something.