article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Today I’d like to talk about what startup communities outside of Silicon Valley look like, how they emerge and what makes them take hold. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate. Think the next big startup can’t come from Dallas, TX?

Community 378
article thumbnail

The Philanthropic Efforts Of James Dondero

YoungUpstarts

His financial contributions, paired with his vision for the organizations he supports, create a positive and powerful force within his hometown, Dallas. Dondero utilized his foundation to materialize what he wants to see in Dallas and eventually deliver strategic and large-scale improvements in the community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Companies Want To Show You The Money

YoungUpstarts

Currently available in Dallas, Indianapolis, St. All Lyft drivers must be friendly, community-oriented drivers who love meeting new people, who can pass a phone screen, an in-person meeting and background & DMV record checks. TaskRabbit is available in San Francisco, New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami.

article thumbnail

Upfront and the Power of Startup Community in LA

Feld Thoughts

I’m finally home after three solid weeks on the road which included Austin, Dallas, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles. I spent a weekend in Dallas with my parents and went to Dairy Queen for Blizzard’s three times with my dad (my mom tagged along and even had a Blizzard one night.)

article thumbnail

Texas Startup Manifesto 2.0

Austin Startup

Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio form a massive startup Megalopolis that is attracting top talent, impact-focused investors, and the most innovative companies in the world. For decades, Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio have been on all of the “Top 10 Places for…” lists. Twenty four are in Dallas and 22 are in Houston.

Texas 90
article thumbnail

How to Open a Successful Hair Salon

Up and Running

Dallas Alleman, a New Orleans salon owner. Dallas Alleman, the owner of Salon Du Beau Monde in New Orleans, and Avi Shenkar, the owner of Philadelphia-based BLO/OUT , have different backgrounds and different business models, but share similar strategies for success. Avi Shenkar, owner of BLO/OUT.

article thumbnail

Austinites represent at SXSW 2018

Austin Startup

Heather Brunner, Tim Ferriss, Mayor Adler, Whitney Wolfe, Kendra Scott, Andy Roddick, Rod Favaron, Bijoy, whurley… Here are some of the Austin startup community members that will be on stage who you should show up to support! Successful businesses that give back to the community, and it’s all on brand. 1:30PM Location: Hilton?—?Salon