article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

I’ve recently advised a number of emerging private equity and VC funds who are wrestling with the question: What are the highest impact steps they can take to support their portfolio companies? . Almost every private equity and venture capital investor now advertises that they have a platform to support their portfolio companies.

article thumbnail

Experts share tips for mission-driven organizations on DE&I

Board Effect

Mission-driven organizations strive to serve their communities and constituents with integrity and purpose. We asked a team of global experts from various areas to share insights on the benefits of DE&I in their organizations and on boards. They also highlight ways to measure your DE&I progress.

Ireland 83
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

DEI driving positive outcomes: From talent to partnerships to community

Board Effect

As the debate about the aftermath of the 2023 Supreme Court ruling on affirmative action relating to institutions of higher education continues, many opinions have cascaded on both sides affecting attitudes and policies toward diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). The benefit of this transformation is profound. Employees are motivated.

article thumbnail

Requests for Startups in 2024

VC Cafe

Social Hybrid AI x human communities – messaging & social apps where bots are treated as equal citizens. Technological Convergence – The global equity market value associated with disruptive innovation could increase to 60% by 2030. Generalizable robotics represent a $24 trillion-plus global revenue opportunity.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund and mutual fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. High-frequency trading, algorithmic by its nature, is estimated to account for at least 50% of US equity markets trading volume. . But we’re doing it slowly. are using AngelMob.co

article thumbnail

Giving Tuesday: How BoardEffect Is Giving Back to Nonprofits

Board Effect

On the chance that you’re not familiar with Giving Tuesday, it’s a global movement that inspires people and businesses to give donations or enact positive change to transform their communities and the greater world. This year, BoardEffect wants to get in on the spirit of Giving Tuesday and help nonprofit organizations even more.

article thumbnail

2022 Predictions

Eric Friedman

4/ Streaming equity – venture funds + employee stock becomes more liquid. 7/ SaaS roll-ups and micro-private equity become huge. This makes for “taking” a game community easier, and introduces new complexity for big game studios. If communities are a moat , now they are even more important to protect.