article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

The overall culture in Austin is renowned for its supportiveness of the small business community. The celebration for its unique culture and flourishing business community is very appealing, and many new startups are flocking to the city to embrace it as their own. Seattle, WA. Boulder, CO.

article thumbnail

Community in the Time of Covid

Feld Thoughts

The stock market had already had a 15% or so drop but there were less than 10 deaths (all in Seattle) from Covid in the US. The leaders have been remarkable and I continue to learn about leadership by working closely with them. The post Community in the Time of Covid appeared first on Feld Thoughts.

Community 108
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs

crowdSPRING Blog

The overall culture in Austin is renowned for its supportiveness of the small business community. The celebration for its unique culture and flourishing business community is very appealing, and many new startups are flocking to the city to embrace it as their own. The companies out here, they’re rooting for each other.

article thumbnail

Strengthening Community Ties: How Nonprofit Leaders Can Better Approach Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion

Board Effect

While they’re experts at running nonprofit organizations, nonprofit board members don’t always understand their communities or the social context of the issues that affect their constituencies. Research shows that there is a huge disparity in the nonprofit world relative to diversity and equality in nonprofit leadership.

Equity 105
article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

At 24 I was putting myself through college and running the creative services department at an energy systems engineering firm in Seattle when the company was purchased by a French firm. I also grew up with a father who had traditional values around gender roles, favoring female domesticity over entrepreneurship and leadership.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs

crowdSPRING Blog

The overall culture in Austin is renowned for its supportiveness of the small business community. The celebration for its unique culture and flourishing business community is very appealing, and many new startups are flocking to the city to embrace it as their own. The companies out here, they’re rooting for each other.

article thumbnail

Take Spring Break At Home For Two Weeks Starting Now

Feld Thoughts

If you do take time off, figure out things that you and your family can do to help your local community. Most of the US is a few weeks behind Seattle. If you are not involved with organizations like your local community foundation, explore that as part of your spring break. Know that they will be impacted significantly.

Seattle 195