article thumbnail

Interview with Chris Garland of Botswana

The Startup Magazine

As the Managing Director of Fidelity Indemnity (Pty) Limited, a diversified business consultancy that works with high-net-worth individuals and enterprises investing in the 16-nation Southern African Development Community (SADC) , he’s among the top business experts in the region. What originally attracted you to Botswana? I left the U.K.

article thumbnail

Embracing Your Entrepreneurial Superpower Being Unemployable

Duct Tape Marketing

Embracing Your Entrepreneurial Superpower Being Unemployable written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing Marketing Podcast with Alysia Silberg In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast , I interview Alysia Silberg. 10:00] Back in South Africa you got shot, what did that story mean to your journey? [11:53]

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Amanda Jo of Organic Bunny Discusses Influencers Doing Good in The World

The Startup Magazine

There are many examples of influencers who have leveraged their position to help others as well as their community. Colley has been putting out challenges to engage his viewers with a positive sense of community. She grew up in South Sudan, a war-torn country with many social problems. Donté Colley. Tyler Oakley.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

After former CEO Steve Jobs departed the business in 1985, Apple entered a ten-year downward spiral as competitors' lower-priced products notably Microsoft Windows, dominated the personal computer market. Having a simple background in sales and marketing , he came up with attractive employee benefits. 16- Subscription service by BMW.

article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Reveal How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

So when brainstorming ideas with my wife, a marketing guru, we settled on LEVEL PR because it a) echoed the company's mission statement (to level up the brand awareness of tech startups) b) reminded me of video games, which I love and c) included the name Lev, which is my son's name. #15- Thanks to Elisha Salkeld, Three Peas Marketing ! #18-

Naming 138
article thumbnail

3 Big Lessons From African Entrepreneurs

YoungUpstarts

You’d be forgiven for thinking that because the African market is not saturated with startups that means it’s easy for entrepreneurs to create explosive growth with little forward planning. In Africa, entrepreneurs have serious, intractable problems that western startups don’t face. Think and plan long term.

article thumbnail

Small Business Spotlight of the Week: miiCard

crowdSPRING Blog

miiCard supports the UK, North America, Western Europe, India, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. This offline stage, responding to Anti Money Laundering, Know Your Customer Regulations and the Proceeds of Crime Act, is a massive barrier to global trade and the market demands its elimination.