article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

I’ve listed them below in *very* roughly descending order of efficiency, measured by increased dollars one can put to work, divided by the operational dollars required to implement each strategy. . – Encourage founders to turn to other founders and their broader community as resources, not just the VC’s own staff.

article thumbnail

How VCs Structure a Syndicate and Recruit Coinvestors

David Teten

These firms typically have deep, industry-specific operational expertise which validates the investment, and often have relationships with potential early clients. Although EquityZen is primarily an online marketplace for secondary shares in private companies, they also offer syndicated primary investments. Market Insight.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Entrepreneurs They Consider to be Successful

Hearpreneur

Today she is the ex-host of one of the most successful syndicated television shows in history (The Oprah Winfrey Show), a producer and actress in her own television specials, a philanthropist, and an author. To establish and operate your own business, you must have courage, enthusiasm, hard work, and a sense of community.

article thumbnail

Understanding Different Types of Angel Investors

View from Seed

Investors in this category are usually operating executives who have spent their entire careers in a specific industry vertical, like internet travel, for example. Pros: Industry-insider who serves as a validator for the rest of the investment syndicate, extremely helpful advice and network connections. The Domain Angel.

article thumbnail

The Twenty Year Itch: My Last VC Investment Out of Brooklyn Bridge Ventures

This is going to be BIG.

I’ll also continue to work within the NYC tech community—now thriving at a level I could hardly have imagined when I first got the pitch deck for USV’s first fund as a Limited Partner at the GM pension fund. To think, I almost didn’t take that 2004 meeting because it was a NYC-based fund. This is how Fred Wilson described me back in 2010.

article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. Coinvestors: Flexible VC terms have not been standardized, which may make the investment harder to syndicate. Lower level of community familiarity. (co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. Of the Inc.

article thumbnail

Startup Strategy Roundtable: Niche Marketplace Businesses Can Be Interesting

ReadWriteStart

Next Annette McClellan presented DaisyClip , a non-surgical contraception device for women that she is in the process of syndicating a $1.8 David is also struggling with the notion of his community taking the transactions offline. My recommendation to Hardika is to study the FDBI project. million financing round for.

India 116