Remove 2020 Remove Community Remove Global Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

Breyer Capital Austin?—?End of Year Update

Austin Startup

Old and new friends have reached out to welcome us to their community and share ideas about how we could play an impactful role in this remarkable city and state. Even in 2020, a difficult year by any measure, the Austin community has surpassed all of my expectations. Charles Holley, Joe Ogilvie, Ross Perot Jr.,

Austin 84
article thumbnail

7 Entrepreneur Stages Help You Assess Your Progress

Startup Professionals Musings

The place – finding a community where you can thrive. One of the most successful incubators is Y Combinator in Silicon Valley. You can find other good ones these days in almost every community and university campus. Marty Zwilling First published on Inc.com on 10/28/2020.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Is Switzerland the next big tech hub?

The Startup Magazine

According to the State of European Tech report , Switzerland pulled $445 million of investment in 2019, and in 2020, Swiss company Veeam was the largest backed exit by value, showcasing the level of investment the industry pulls in. The Global Innovation Index places Switzerland as the most innovative country in the world.

article thumbnail

Austinites represent at SXSW 2018

Austin Startup

Heather Brunner, Tim Ferriss, Mayor Adler, Whitney Wolfe, Kendra Scott, Andy Roddick, Rod Favaron, Bijoy, whurley… Here are some of the Austin startup community members that will be on stage who you should show up to support! Successful businesses that give back to the community, and it’s all on brand. March 9, 2018 3:30PM?—?4:30PM

article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs: New Assessment Tool For Entrepreneurs

ReadWriteStart

ShareVolution As for the pitches today, first, Daniel McPherson from Australia pitched ShareVolution , an app store for the Microsoft SharePoint community. I asked him to review the TrueCFO project in my Vision India 2020 book. Please note, curriculum modules are only accessible to 1M/1M premium members.

Spain 115
article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs: Exciting Companies Lined Up For Microsoft Startup Grant Finals

ReadWriteStart

Outsourcing is spreading at a frantic pace today with a global footprint and players like oDesk and eLance have made it very easy for companies to connect with outsourcing vendors. Now, if the communication can be smoothed, the entire process will become a great deal more productive. From 2008 to 2010, Mitra was a columnist for Forbes.

India 123
article thumbnail

Startup Strategy Roundtable: Niche Marketplace Businesses Can Be Interesting

ReadWriteStart

While there may be initial grants that launch businesses and get them off the ground, philosophically, we believe that a model of self-sustaining development is the key to a stable global economic system. It turns out that in my Vision India 2020 book, I have a similar project called FDBI. You can register for the next roundtable here.

India 116