Remove 2020 Remove Community Remove Government Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”. Team Protocol One – Ensuring JTAC to Pilot Communication. Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community or other government agencies.

Oakland 313
article thumbnail

Applying Lean Startup Beyond Silicon Valley

Startup Lessons Learned

Entrepreneurs beyond Silicon Valley, including those working abroad, often have to retool Lean Startup methods to apply them in places with very different business cultures. government fund and as Entrepreneur-In-Residence for the National Science Foundation. The Lean Startup community is very tight and well-organized.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Is Switzerland the next big tech hub?

The Startup Magazine

According to the State of European Tech report , Switzerland pulled $445 million of investment in 2019, and in 2020, Swiss company Veeam was the largest backed exit by value, showcasing the level of investment the industry pulls in. The decentralised nature of the government is a clear factor in their embrace of blockchain technology.

article thumbnail

Austinites represent at SXSW 2018

Austin Startup

Heather Brunner, Tim Ferriss, Mayor Adler, Whitney Wolfe, Kendra Scott, Andy Roddick, Rod Favaron, Bijoy, whurley… Here are some of the Austin startup community members that will be on stage who you should show up to support! Successful businesses that give back to the community, and it’s all on brand. March 9, 2018 3:30PM?—?4:30PM

article thumbnail

Startup Strategy Roundtable: Niche Marketplace Businesses Can Be Interesting

ReadWriteStart

It turns out that in my Vision India 2020 book, I have a similar project called FDBI. Well, there are some government and NGO contacts that I have in mind for her to explore. David is also struggling with the notion of his community taking the transactions offline. million financing round for. Voices.com. Photo by kipcurry.

India 116
article thumbnail

Texas Startup Manifesto 2.0

Austin Startup

Are they running from high prices, high taxes, dysfunctional government, and wildfires? All of the investors, all of the big companies, all of the government groups?—?they trillion in 2020. In fact, the Houston city government ranks number onein the country in renewable energy use. What’s bringing them here?

Texas 90
article thumbnail

On Supercities, Economic Growth, and Income Inequality in a Post-COVID World

Ben's Blog

Economic inequality and opportunities for job growth are directly correlated with overall spending levels on R&D and with the geographic concentration (or distribution) or those dollars — both public funding (government) and private (as with VC). As noted above, government spending on R&D has fallen and at the same time U.S.