Remove Aggregator Remove Community Remove Distribution Remove Startup
article thumbnail

Requests for Startups in 2024

VC Cafe

Most startups equate the process of fundraising to dating – founders have to typically kiss a lot of frogs until the find the right fit. I’ve recently come across several of such lists and I thought it could be useful to aggregate them and share them here.

article thumbnail

Five case studies you'll see at the Lean Startup Conference 2015

Startup Lessons Learned

The following is a guest post by Kirsten Cluthe and Ritika Puri from The Lean Startup Conference team Wondering what’s new in the Lean Startup community? Every year, our team conducts more than 500 customer development calls to understand what challenges the community is facing. Here are some of our favorites: 1.

Lean 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Scale Support of Portfolio Companies

David Teten

the “TOPSCAN” framework from my research study on value creation by VCs ): T eam-Building – We aggregate openings across our portfolio on our jobs page. We have built relationships with a set of service providers specializing in startups, and have pre-negotiated discounted rates with them. For example, consider public relations.

article thumbnail

Using affiliate marketing and the Internet to boost your company’s revenue

The Next Web

He has a background in affiliate marketing and development and is a startup enthusiast in general. If your startup’s goal is to sell a product or service but you’re having a hard time with your revenue model, affiliate marketing might be the perfect match to give you that much-needed boost. What is affiliate marketing?

Affiliate 134
article thumbnail

The Creator Economy is rising, but challenges abound

VC Cafe

In this post, I wanted to deconstruct the various pieces of the flywheel that drives the Creator Economy, as well as the challenges, and opportunities for startups in this space. Creators decouple their non-standardised skills from the aggregator and hope to become themselves a brand. Source: A16Z, 1,000 true fans? The new Creators.

article thumbnail

Marching through quicksand

Startup Lessons Learned

In other words, they are facing conditions of extreme uncertainty, just like startups. One is explaining the world as it used to work: the importance of gatekeepers, the scarcity implied by limited distribution, and the resulting quality bar that the industry is so proud of. So I generally feel right at home in these conversations.

article thumbnail

Five Cryptocurrency Tools You Need

Austin Startup

Blockchain Development Tracking For the developers in the group, Cryptomiso is a Github-based stream of information that tells you how frequently pushes have been made to the Github community related to cryptocurrency software. Community Automation Every blockchain company needs a place to share transparent information with their community.