article thumbnail

Joint Statement by Colorado High-Tech Companies on COVID-19

Feld Thoughts

I’ve been involved with a number of leaders in the Colorado tech community since Wednesday morning as we’ve aggressively mobilized to address the Covid-19 crisis. local nonprofit organizations that are helping at-risk communities who will be severely impacted by this pandemic. Every hour counts.

Colorado 168
article thumbnail

What Do Diversity Hiring and Work From Home Jobs Have in Common?

Transformify

Many countries have imposed travel bans and an unprecedented country-wide quarantine has been announced in Italy, Spain and Bulgaria. Startup hubs like Berlin, London, New York, Los Angeles, Bangalore, Hong Kong and Singapore offered access to venture capital and vibrant start ecosystems thus attracting the brightest founders.

Hiring 98
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Transformify: The Sustainable Platform for Remote Jobs

Transformify

Traveling around the world, I met startup founders, forex traders, marketers, online shop owners, travel bloggers, Instagram influencers and digital business entrepreneurs of all kinds. It was a growing community of people who enjoyed their digital nomad lifestyle. Small cafes, family-owned restaurants and artisan shops flourish.

article thumbnail

The Case for Optimism and Risk at Startups

Both Sides of the Table

I thought I was pretty sell suited to answer that question because having grown up in Northern California but lived and worked in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain & Japan over 11 years I had seen quite a few societies and work environments. And that is what we’ll do.” Now they are partners.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 8: Phil Randazzo and Derek Andersen

Steve Blank

Phil Randazzo , is the founder of American Dream U , a national entrepreneurship and coaching program that helps transitioning soldiers find work or start their own business. Derek Andersen , is the founder of Startup Grind , a 200,000-person entrepreneurial community with chapters in 75 countries run by more than 1,000 volunteers.

Las Vegas 120
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

1- I credit my co-founder. I credit my co-founder Eric Frothingham with coming up with our name. Italist is the essence of what we do: bringing online the experience of shopping from the streets of Italy. Every day of my life, my work as founder of The Rudy Agency (now composed of four agents) reminds me of Grandma Rudy.

Naming 104
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #13: Alpha Lee on remembering the 2003 SARS epidemic and his opensource COVID-19 Moonshot

Startup Lessons Learned

In January of this year, he arrived in the US with his co-founders as part of the winter 2020 YCombinator batch. When the shelter in place orders began, Alpha found himself living in a tiny Airbnb with his other co-founders, Having just arrived from the UK to do the start up program, YCombinator. Alpha Lee : Right.