article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Product development leverage

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Sunday, April 26, 2009 Product development leverage Leverage has once again become a dirty word in the world of finance, and rightly so. But I want to talk about a different kind of leverage, the kind that you can get in product development. Its a key lean startup concept. Yeah, weve got that.

article thumbnail

3 Major Product Fails, And How To Avoid Their Mistakes

YoungUpstarts

These cycles are particularly pronounced in the technology industry, where rapid innovation leads to rapid product releases, and often to rapid failures. The startup community prides itself on supporting risk-taking and embracing failure. The product was known as a “thin client” and had no hard drive. Innovation involves risk.

Product 222
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Observations from my trip to India

Version One Ventures

And the timing is right for domestic opportunities, as the population is rapidly connecting to the Internet and increasing its purchasing power. With the right product or service for the Indian market and strong execution, an “India for India” start-up can see incredible growth. billion people, India itself represents a massive market.

India 86
article thumbnail

The End Of Marketing As We Know It

YoungUpstarts

Instead, buyers are checking out product and service information in their own way, often through the Internet, their social network, or just plain word-of-mouth or customer reviews. Build strong customer communities. Consider Harley-Davidson’s success in creating a sense of community around its bikes.

Marketing 234
article thumbnail

The Golden Age of the Boston Internet Entrepreneur

Genuine VC

There are a couple classic archetypes of internet/software founders, including the genius college student cooking up something quirky but ultimately disruptive in his dorm room who launches his company straight out of undergrad. Reactions when I told people I was an “internet entrepreneur” ranged from smirks to blank stares.

Boston 206
article thumbnail

Tech Industry Hiring In Canada Continues To Grow

YoungUpstarts

Betakit.com, a startup news website, reached out to the Montreal tech community with a list that was developed with all the new up and coming tech companies in 2019. The province has a robust start-up community. SomaDetect, a Fredericton-based company, developed a sensor that measures key indicators of dairy-quality from cows.

Canada 167
article thumbnail

23 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Since starting the business, it has allowed us to home school our children while providing great value to the healing crystal community. I fell in love with the blogging community, traveling, and cooking (plus eating) new foods and flavors. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. 4- Research for my documentary.