article thumbnail

Capacity Building Grants for Nonprofits in 2022

Board Effect

Communication. Financial management. Capacity Building Grants: Oregon . Oregon Community Foundation. The Chicago Community Trust. Bainbridge Community Foundation. Determine where a capacity building grant would be most impactful. Strategic planning. Technology. System innovations. Human resources

article thumbnail

Reflection on Local Angel Investment From Inside Out

Gust

I just finished with the fourth of our annual angel investment event for my local group based in Eugene and Corvallis, Oregon. We now have an investment in Cascade ProDrug, using technology developed at our own University of Oregon (based in Eugene, where I live) to help people fight cancer by reducing the toxic effects of chemotherapy.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Meta’s CTO Andrew Bosworth Says Video Games Were What Hooked Him On Tech

Hunter Walker

The combo convinced me that software was for creativity and community — 100% impacted the rest of my life. Every Easter break and summer we were camping or backpacking somewhere here in the American West, from Baja to Oregon and as far east as New Mexico. Do you have any “AHA!” memories of your own with regards to tech?

Video 104
article thumbnail

How to Write a Business Plan for an Outpatient Medical Practice

Up and Running

Team: Who is on your management team? Here’s a brief example: The problem : There is a lack of affordable pediatric and gynecological care available in coastal areas of Lane County, Oregon. You might also be competing with local chiropractors or other alternative medicine practices that already have a foothold in local communities.

article thumbnail

Bigger in Bend – Building a Regional Startup Cluster–part 1 of 3

Steve Blank

Dino and I kept in touch as he moved up to Bend, Oregon on a mission to engineer Bend into a regional technology cluster. Part 1: Bend, Oregon Ecosystem and Entrepreneurs. Bend, Oregon is an ideal case study because of its size, location and entrepreneurial characteristics. . Part 2: Early-stage Regional Venture Funds.

article thumbnail

5 Tips to Becoming a More Customer Centric Organization

Both Sides of the Table

They communicated this to product management who looked at all of the internal requirements we had generated (e.g. and product management worked with me to decide what to build & when. The first application they ever launched was in the property management space. But they went one step further.

Customer 280
article thumbnail

Can you Do Well by Doing Good? The Data Say Yes

Up and Running

As an entrepreneur, you depend on the support of your community to realize your vision, but what are you giving back? At Palo Alto Software we are dedicated to helping entrepreneurs and small businesses in Oregon where we are based, as well as across the world where we serve our free content and tools and sell our products.