article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

I’ve recently advised a number of emerging private equity and VC funds who are wrestling with the question: What are the highest impact steps they can take to support their portfolio companies? . Almost every private equity and venture capital investor now advertises that they have a platform to support their portfolio companies.

article thumbnail

Lessons from a Diverse Venture Capital Portfolio

This is going to be BIG.

All were backed based on the sole criteria that they had the potential to make my limited partners a lot of money. Creating this community doesn’t only mean backing diverse founders, but also surrounding yourself with a community of other diverse professionals to help your portfolio. I don’t require warm intros.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Shopify Guide — Here’s How to Become an Expert

ReadWriteStart

Whether it’s marketing yourself as an expert, writing Shopify-specific content, or partnering with other Shopify Partners, fitting into the Shopify Partners and Ecosystem is one of the crucial steps. The Shopify Experts marketplace operates with the Shopify Partner program — the actual site and community management system.

Curation 140
article thumbnail

We’re Hiring a Platform and Operations Associate at NextView

View from Seed

We are looking to bring on board a versatile new team member to support the varied internal operations of the firm as well as collaborate with the partners on our external programs and communications with the broader entrepreneurial community. We have a high-conviction, hands-on approach to seed investing.

article thumbnail

How to Scale Support of Portfolio Companies

David Teten

As I’ve worked to build out HOF Capital ’s portfolio acceleration platform , the #1 question I think about is: how do we scalably support our companies? Many VCs offer (or strive to offer) a bundle of levers and support structures to help their portfolio companies. We have lower AUM, therefore lower management fees.

article thumbnail

GrabCAD & Professional Communities ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

GrabCAD & Professional Communities. Today one of our portfolio companies, GrabCAD, announced it’s Series A funding led by Matrix. In addition to compelling founders, we were drawn to the company by their vision for a professional community for mechanical engineers and designers. How to Evaluate Firms for a Seed VC.

Community 100
article thumbnail

Please Help Me Congratulate Jordan Hudson as @UpfrontVC’s Newest Investment Principal

Both Sides of the Table

Most firms have “associates” and “partners” and some have an additional role called a “principal.” Usually there roles are a combination of: Deal sourcing for partners. Deal support / analysis / quant / legal for deals a partner is seriously considering. Portfolio community building.

Jordan 365