Remove America Remove Community Remove Incubator Remove Technology
article thumbnail

10 Positive Signs For Starting Your Own Business Now

Startup Professionals Musings

Crowd funding is setting new records worldwide, with $17 billion from North America alone, and VCs poured another $100 billion more into small growth companies last year. Startup incubators and accelerators are popping up everywhere. Business incubators were all the rage before the dot-com bubble (700 for profit, many more non-profit).

article thumbnail

Female Founder Interview – Olga Camargo Leads Latinas Fintech Advisory

The Startup Magazine

She launched her financial practice, FARO Associates LLC (Latina/woman-owned/Minority Business Enterprise), and new fintech project, SHENIX, on her culturally-relevant financial services research and community needs. Chicago’s 1871 Chicago’s Technology and IHCC’s LatinX Incubator Selection. My own experience.

Founder 147
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #20: the founders of Bitwise on the role of technology in empowering people, spreading benefits to underserved communities, and the creation of OnwardUS

Startup Lessons Learned

Jake Soberal and Irma Olguin started Bitwise in 2013 with the idea that the technology industry could be used to fix a city--in their case, Fresno, CA. Our fundamental thesis is that people of color, women, communities of concentrated poverty, have immense talent to contribute to the technology industry," Jake explained to me. "In

Fresno 60
article thumbnail

Endeavor Miami Takes on Scaleup Challenge

The Startup Magazine

Across the world, work spaces, maker spaces, incubators, and accelerators are opening, expanding, and making an impact on their communities, and beyond. The Endeavor Miami group is one scaleup accelerator that is overcoming those challenges and having an impact on both their community and the broader world. Scaleup Challenge.

Miami 61
article thumbnail

Free money for your impact tech startup

David Teten

You’ve decided to launch a technology-enabled startup with a positive social impact! Fortunately, there are a wide range of organizations that specifically want to support you, not just the VC community. I’m now researching non-dilutive funding for Action Tank , a startup I’m gestating to “Make America Functional Again”.

article thumbnail

6 Suggestions For How To Begin Your Startup Lifestyle

Startup Professionals Musings

A while back I found a great book, “ America's Moment: Creating Opportunity in the Connected Age ,” put together by a group of fifty current leaders from across American life, that points out well some of the tools that can help all of us learn how to learn in this rapidly changing world of new opportunities. Marty Zwilling

Curation 270
article thumbnail

A Few Key People Really Can Make a Huge Difference

Both Sides of the Table

Seattle should be the envy of any non Silicon Valley tech community in the country. It really wouldn’t take much to turn a great technology ecosystem into a truly electric one. My recipe for Seattle or your community: 1. Community Leaders + Organizers. It takes both to build a community.

Seattle 317