Remove California Remove Community Remove Operations Remove Partner
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

Although the class was run completely online, and even though they were suffering from Zoom fatigue, the 10 teams of 42 students collectively interviewed 1,142 beneficiaries, stakeholders, requirements writers, program managers, industry partners, etc. Team Neurosmart – Optimizing Performance of Special Operators.

Lean 385
article thumbnail

Startup Feature: Security Expert Jay Hart talks Community Safety App MCALERT

The Startup Magazine

Jay Hart , a retired 30-year veteran of the Florida police force, has spent the last decade helping communities push information to residents with his public safety focused MCALERT app. The app is a useful tool for connecting communities with important information quickly during emergency situations and community-wide events.

Community 151
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How User Input Helped Course Selling Platform Kajabi Relaunch Page Builder

The Startup Magazine

Next, we had to figure out how we could deliver that while staying drop dead simple to operate. Yes, your investors are sometimes the best source of strategic advice and even operational direction, including efforts in improving customer-facing product features in your software development cycles. “We

article thumbnail

Turning the Camera on Chris Dixon

Both Sides of the Table

This week I sat down with Chris Dixon, co-founder / CEO of Hunch and Partner at Founder Collective in the most recent installment of This Week in Venture Capital. 5. We then went back to talking about how to choose the space in which your startup is operating. be the guy that provides them quotes”).

article thumbnail

What Are the Top Governance Challenges for Hospital Boards?

Board Effect

Hospital boards of directors are finding that an asset-only approach doesn’t account for financial and operational risks across the organization. High levels of exposure to the capital markets and operational variability create volatility in the financial profiles of hospitals. Poor mix of payer and uninsured populations.

article thumbnail

How to Work with Lawyers at a Startup

Both Sides of the Table

Founded it as a California LLC but your potential VC wants a Delaware C-Corp? He’s totally tapped into the startup communities in Silicon Valley and a bit in LA. Focus on the partner you would be working with. I always try operate on the “Fixed Fee +&# arrangement. I also like to work with partners.

article thumbnail

It’s Back & Better Than Ever! Announcing NextView’s Everyday Economy Virtual Accelerator

View from Seed

I’m sure you’re familiar with the setup… performative, end-of-program demo days that are meant to somehow wrap the experience up in a bow… gigantic, unfamiliar cohort groups that are somehow meant to feel like close-knit communities… the list goes on and on. Benchmark Labs: San Diego, California. ” – Rob Go, Partner . ~~~.

San Diego 156