Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove New York Remove Social Network
article thumbnail

Finding Your Co-Founders

techcrunch.com

The number one question you all asked after reading my last blog post about starting a business from scratch was “how do I find my co-founders?&# And therein lies the problem in finding co-founders for that startup you’re dying to launch. Having trouble meeting folks you think would be good co-founders?

article thumbnail

A Guide to Reputation Management: Build an Audience of Superfans

ConversionXL

The audience size identified is encouragingly large, and the frequently used phrases and words (brick mortar, retail, founder) align directly with our target audience. Developing a social media following. Take SparkToro’s Co-founder, Rand Fishkin. Building a community. Tapping into an existing community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Ultimate CEO Twitter List

YoungUpstarts

@jack : Twitter founder Jack Dorsey is on Twitter as well, sharing updates from his work as the CEO of Square. dens : Co-founder and CEO of Foursquare Dennis Crowley gets personal on his Twitter account, sharing his interests in soccer and hidden urban art. MichaelDell : Follow Michael Dell, Chairman and CEO of Dell.

Cofounder 239
article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

This is another joint event between HBS Angels of NY and the HBS Club of New York. Panel 1 – How Social Investing is Disrupting Traditional Investing in Public Securities. Howard Lindzon is Co-Founder and CEO of StockTwits, a social network for traders and investors to share real-time ideas and information.

article thumbnail

Making Social Media Work For SMEs

YoungUpstarts

Penny Power, author of the UK’s Digital Business Britain Manifesto and founder the Digital Youth Academy, says “If you’d just moved in to a town or village, you wouldn’t open the door of your new local pub and shout that you’re a plumber or an architect and people should give you business.

article thumbnail

ESG in Venture Capital: Interview with Blue Future Partners (VC Fund of Funds)

David Teten

One of the impact initiatives I’m proudest of is founding Harvard Business School Alumni Angels of New York , a nonprofit and now the East Coast’s largest angel group. – SignUp.com is an organizing platform to quickly mobilize and coordinate people in their community, school, religious organization, or other social networks.

article thumbnail

This Week in VC Episode 6 with @Jason Calacanis: Best One Yet

Both Sides of the Table

Next Wednesday we’ll have Dana Settle of Greycroft Partners, a New York / LA early-stage venture capital fund. Nevertheless, if you share too much in your funding process or meet too many VCs expect a certain amount of your ideas to spread around the startup community. Invidi is based in New York and founded in 2000.

Stealth 285