article thumbnail

Assessing Board Performance: Best Practices for Community Banks

Board Effect

Behind every community bank or credit union is a hardworking board. Community banking organizations can only get an accurate view of board performance through annual board evaluations that incorporate best practices for board assessments , with attention to individual performances and the board as a whole.

article thumbnail

Technology, Innovation, and Modern War – Class 11 – Cyberwarfare –– Sumit Agarwal

Steve Blank

We just held our eleventh session of our new national security class Technology, Innovation and Modern War. Joe Felter , Raj Shah and I designed a class to examine the new military systems, operational concepts and doctrines that will emerge from 21st century technologies – Space, Cyber, AI & Machine Learning and Autonomy.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Startup Communities | Rural Entrepreneurship

VC Adventure

I’ve always loved Brad’s Startup Communities – it’s long been my favorite of his books, built upon ideas that are clearly stating the test of time. He’s recently come out with a new version of the book , as well as a companion book called The Startup Community Way. They are outstanding.

Community 112
article thumbnail

The Strategy Behind Building A Thriving Online Community For Your Brand

Duct Tape Marketing

The Strategy Behind Building A Thriving Online Community For Your Brand written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. Jenny has been creating, executing, and reviewing strategies for online communities for more than 10 years. Key Takeaway: Community is one of those big buzzwords right now. So what even is community?

article thumbnail

Strap Technologies Prepares For New Round of Growth With New Technology Officer: Benjamin Eynon

Austin Startup

Strap Technologies is on a mission to become the world’s first substitute for the white cane. Strap Technologies has announced that Benjamin Eynon will join the rapidly expanding Strap team. About Strap Technologies: Strap Technologies is on a mission to become the world’s first substitute for the white cane.

article thumbnail

7 ways technology can help increase volunteer board diversity

Board Effect

D iversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is now a critical part of the conversation in every boardroom in America. Roughly half (49%) of nonprofit leaders say they do not have the right board members to “establish trust with the communities they serve,” according to Leading With Intent.

article thumbnail

A Conversation with 2020 Presidential Candidate Andrew Yang

View from Seed

On his website, he states that, “new technologies – robots, software, artificial intelligence – have already destroyed more than 4 million US jobs, and in the next 5-10 years, they will eliminate millions more. I started Venture for America back in 2011 with the goal of creating thousands of American jobs in communities around the country.