article thumbnail

Introducing the Hitchhiker’s Guide to New York City Tech

View from Seed

New York City is a dream but can also be a navigational nightmare, equal parts crammed circus and rat race mixed at warp speed. In order to provide more transparent access and information, today we’re excited to launch the Hitchhiker’s Guide to New York City Tech. This holds for the city’s tech sector.

article thumbnail

Top 14 Sites to Promote Your Startup

ReadWriteStart

In New York, San Francisco, and the world over, investors are having lunches just talking about it. Most of all, they have a strong community of followers who are hungry for new information about apps, software, and new startups. Why it’s great: Springwise is a great website to promote your app or software.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Create a Healthy Local Startup and Tech Community

This is going to be BIG.

In 2010, Antonio Garcia Martinez, the founder of AdGrok, wrote, “New York will always be a tech backwater, I don’t care what Chris Dixon or Ron Conway or Paul Graham say.” On the other had, I wouldn’t be surprised if Miami winds up with a fantastic community feel and vibe but struggles to produce big companies. It takes work.

Community 172
article thumbnail

Introducing Gotham Voices: An Email Newsletter for NY Tech

View from Seed

TL;DR: We’re launching a newsletter highlighting the best content from the NYC tech community. As a seed-focused venture firm with offices in New York and Boston, we believe there’s a responsibility for us to not just be participants in the local entrepreneurial community, but also contributors to it. First Name.

Email 185
article thumbnail

IGNITE! pitch event at Microsoft – September 4

David Teten

A place for geeks to share what they’ve done, who they did it with and connect with great companies and communities. In Geeklist we provide the global developer community a place to get credit where credit is due. A news curation dashboard for teams and organizations. We change that. Completely.

Curation 114
article thumbnail

Female Founder Interview: Rita Bautista, CEO of Latina Podcasters

The Startup Magazine

Latina Podcasters is changing the landscape of media by streamlining the process for brands and companies to purchase host-read ads and curated segments on podcasts with authentic Latinx voices. Rita: We did a campaign for McDonald’s that focused on how McDonald’s has created a positive impact in our community. Hispanic market.

Founder 130
article thumbnail

Making the NYC Community Smaller

This is going to be BIG.

When I was in college, at Fordham''s scenic Rose Hill campus in the Bronx, I deeply rooted into my community. Being intensely involved in community life there made the campus seem small and familiar. After I graduated in 2001, I remember it seeming impossible to feel the same way about living in New York City.

Community 116