article thumbnail

Shopify Guide — Here’s How to Become an Expert

ReadWriteStart

Shopify has curated a marketplace for digital marketers, agencies, developers, and freelancers where they can connect with online merchants and provide their services for those looking to hire someone to build their Shopify store. Therefore, you should have your site on WIX, Weebly, or WordPress to build your portfolio.

Curation 140
article thumbnail

Requests for Startups in 2024

VC Cafe

Social Hybrid AI x human communities – messaging & social apps where bots are treated as equal citizens. Next-gen avatars for next-level communication – AI gives consumers a hyperrealistic digital likeness they can use to instantly generate and share these assets.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Modern Governance Summit 2023: Empowering Community Organizations for a Thriving Future

Board Effect

At the heart of Modern Governance Summit lies a strong commitment to empowering nonprofits and community banks with the knowledge and strategies essential for navigating today’s governance challenges. The post Modern Governance Summit 2023: Empowering Community Organizations for a Thriving Future appeared first on BoardEffect.

article thumbnail

How to Out Amazon, Amazon

Both Sides of the Table

I will use some examples from Parachute and some other portfolio companies to give you examples from our experiences of watching successful brands grow. Curation There are really multiple forms of “curation” that I think can build sustainable differentiation in products vs. the retailer that is selling them.

Curation 296
article thumbnail

How to Create Free Buzz for Your Startup

David Teten

These conferences are not only a great way to raise your startup’s profile, they also serve as valuable networking opportunities within the tech/VC community. E.g., See ffVC’s blog post about the JOBS act, which discusses portfolio company Indiegogo. See my previous blog post for a list of tech conferences and ways to get in.

article thumbnail

Q3 2023 Portfolio Review

Version One Ventures

SuperRare officially launched the Rare Protocol on Ethereum Mainnet, introducing a set of groundbreaking smart contracts that could define the future of curation in the evolving Web3 ecosystem. Gain insights, best practices and inspiration with keynotes, workshops, community and exclusive experiences.

article thumbnail

Why You Should Embrace Opposing Views at Your Startup

Both Sides of the Table

What a great way for a guy like me stuck in the 90′s on music to get curated music while I do other stuff. I called a bunch of portfolio companies and asked them to check it out. ” I loved the IM’ing with the crowd and the sense of community. Have respect for your competitors.

Startup 313