article thumbnail

The Need For Empathic Business Leadership In The COVID Environment

YoungUpstarts

Similar reports came from India as well. When the world is facing a life-threatening virus that spreads through physical contact and could infect anyone, the business community has a chance to hold the mantle of economic support for everyone in need. How do business leaders can show empathy?

article thumbnail

What Do Diversity Hiring and Work From Home Jobs Have in Common?

Transformify

At the same time, the stock markets collapsed, and most businesses already report skyrocketing losses, unmet revenue targets and insufficient stock due to production slow down in China, India and the rest of the world. Often, creating work from home jobs and remote jobs is mistaken with outsourcing.

Hiring 98
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

I focused on what it is I do, I want to be approachable to the community and also I thought it important to express an idea of ‘moving with the times’, being fresh, consistent with modern practices and the such. I am originally from India but have been away from the country for almost 16 years. The Fabulize Shop!

Naming 105
article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

21- Communicate creativity. When I started Idea Grove in 2005, most PR firms had names like law firms – the name of the firm was the name of the owner or partners. I think that was because PR wanted to be seen as a serious profession like law or accounting. The word is popular in South India.

Naming 149
article thumbnail

It’s Not All Progress in the World of Business—Although We’re Making Strides

Up and Running

It also becomes a PR question: Now that this case has garnered such public attention, is it worth the positive PR to make a change? It’s always a feel-good story when a successful business person decides to reach out and invest in up-and-coming entrepreneurs in their community. A Nigerian billionaire invests in the future.

article thumbnail

Tempted To Buy Social Media Followers? Why Less Is More.

YoungUpstarts

Again, since the value of the platform is getting people to engage by sharing and “liking” your content, it’s better to have 500 engaged potential customers than 10,000 followers in India. Review who’s following you by going to the Admin Panel in the upper left-hand corner of your community page and clicking “see all likes.”

article thumbnail

52 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I wondered what it would be like if the companies that purchased the coffee paid fair wages for the product and engaged in the developmental issues of importance in those communities. Tampa Bay community and make a difference in people’s lives. Could a company do that and still be profitable. Thanks to Brent Kraus, Ella Bing !