Remove 2016 Remove Community Remove Government Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

Governance

thebarefootvc

As the price of bitcoin rose to over $11,000 this morning (from lows near $6000 two weeks ago), governance was a key theme over the past week. The Ethereum community is grappling with its own governance roadmap, with an active debate currently underway on how to resolve issues of lost funds due to hacks or vulnerabilities in smart contracts.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while being challenged to solve some of the toughest problems.”. Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence community or other government agencies. Project Agrippa – Logistics and Sustainment in IndoPacific.

Lean 394
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The 10 Best U.S. Cities to Start a Business in for 2016

Up and Running

While we may think of a major hub like Silicon Valley as a prime example of an entrepreneurial city, the reality is that these epicenters of growth may not always offer the most supportive climate for new businesses. Community Development Resources Nebraska. Government Requirements. Salt Lake City Business Licensing.

St. Louis 105
article thumbnail

Tech Industry Hiring In Canada Continues To Grow

YoungUpstarts

Vancouver has a situated tech market with a direct line to Silicon Valley. tests new technology on a province-wide scale for industry and government. In 2016, 16.4% Companies like SaskTech work closely with government and post-secondary institutions to help contribute to the number of qualified tech professionals.

Canada 167
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”. Team Protocol One – Ensuring JTAC to Pilot Communication. Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community or other government agencies.

Oakland 306
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #27: Eren Bali of Carbon Health on public health, COVID vaccinations, and working as a unified society to solve problems

Startup Lessons Learned

Eren Bali arrived in Silicon Valley from Turkey in 2010 hoping to relaunch Udemy , his online education company. Eren came to the US from Turkey to work at a Silicon Valley tech startup, which is actually where I first met him a few years ago. How did you first get into tech and come to Silicon valley?

article thumbnail

Announcing the 2016 Lean Startup Week Program

Startup Lessons Learned

Each year, we bring you new case studies from Silicon Valley startups (and beyond), government agencies, and global enterprise companies, along with expert advice from seasoned entrepreneurs and newcomers alike. Guest post by Jennifer Maerz, contributing editor of Lean Startup Co.

Lean 60