Remove Chicago Remove Community Remove Operations Remove Partner
article thumbnail

GRP Announces $200 Million Fund. Rebrands as Upfront Ventures

Both Sides of the Table

I am super excited to announce that today is a day of lots of new things for my partners & me: A new fund, a new office and a new brand. It is 12,000 sq ft of indoor /outdoor space and we’re building into a community work environment. Our portfolio companies value us as sparring partners. What’s up with that?

article thumbnail

How VCs Think About Adding New Partners

Both Sides of the Table

After years of trying to persuade Kara Nortman to become a partner at Upfront Ventures I can officially announce now that she’s joined us effective immediately. It is rare to find somebody who matches exactly what I’m looking for in a partner so when you find it you act: Academic rigor (Princeton undergrad, Stanford MBA).

Partner 408
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Bolstering the Partner Ranks at GRP

Both Sides of the Table

It is with great pleasure that I can finally announce that we have added Greg Bettinelli as a partner at GRP Partners. He had joined a young startup in LA called HauteLook and was interested in getting to know the local tech community. This is exactly the brand that GRP Partners wants to embody. Community builders.

Partner 360
article thumbnail

The Advantages of Using a Professional Tenant Screening Agency

The Startup Magazine

They’ll do rigorous background and credit screenings and acquire information from previous landlords to assess a candidate’s ability to pay and contribute positively to your community. Tenancy issues are real, and even the better landlords and property management companies, like property management companies chicago, face them.

Chicago 155
article thumbnail

Getting out of the building…by staying in the building!

Steve Blank

Testing hypotheses with doctors, patients, payers, providers, purchasing departments, strategic partners is hard. Scheduling time to look over a surgeon’s shoulder in an operating room is tough. One of the noticeable things about the San Diego health tech community is that it feels like a community.

San Diego 261
article thumbnail

What Boston’s Top Consumer Tech Leaders Think About Boston’s Consumer Tech Struggles [#BostonB2C Recap]

View from Seed

We have companies in Chicago, San Francisco (and elsewhere in Silicon Valley), Omaha, and New York. Over the past few years, the tech community has absolutely exploded locally (and if you’re new here or just want to take it all in, here’s our Hitchhiker’s Guide to Boston Tech microsite).

Boston 120
article thumbnail

Visit to Case Foundation and Startup America

David Teten

Despite their success, Startup America’s goal is to continue for three years, and then fold their operations and let the infrastructure they’ve created exist independently. However, as we got involved in issues like clean drinking water, we realized we’re missing a big opportunity to rally communities around us. Give to the Max” days.

America 144