Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Cost Remove Vertical
article thumbnail

Themes vs Verticals: How to Stand Out as a VC Building a Thesis

This is going to be BIG.

Add on the fact that some people theorize that the need for venture capital dollars will peak, or potentially already has, and then decline because of the ever-decreasing cost of technology infrastructure as well as the increasing capability of AI to replace expensive humans. The question is what to focus on. Data wasn’t a sector.

article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

VC Platform community has grown approximately 120% in the last 3 years. Then, pluck the low-hanging fruit: easy, low-cost, and highly scalable infrastructure. A well-organized library of best practices for founders in your vertical, which you can share as appropriate. I have developed a founder curriculum on my blog.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why the Future of Tesla May Depend on Knowing What Happened to Billy Durant

Steve Blank

Sloan put in place GM’s management accounting system (also borrowed from DuPont) that for the first time allowed the company to: 1) produce an annual operating forecast that compared each division’s forecast (revenue, costs, capital requirements and return on investment) with the company’s financial goals. Modern Corporation Marketing.

Michigan 296
article thumbnail

Common B2B Challenges and How To Solve Them

ConversionXL

Last September (2020), six months after the 1st lockdown, my co-founder Vladimir Blagojevic and I decided to run market research to figure out what challenges B2B companies face and how they solve them. To do this we partnered with the RevGenius community to get a better understanding the challenges mature companies faced.

B2B 150
article thumbnail

A horrifying accelerator story that you’ll need to read twice

David Cohen

However, I can tell you that I checked this person out and they are completely legitimate and have a strong reputation in their own community. It’s not our first rodeo, as we’d graduated from [name of an unrelated accelerator] but we wanted and needed some support around our vertical. Do your diligence on accelerators!

Cofounder 134
article thumbnail

Who are the Major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

David Teten

RBI normally requires founders to pay back their investors with a fixed percentage of revenue until they have finished providing the investor with a fixed return on capital, which they agree upon in advance. For background, see Revenue-Based Investing: A New Option for Founders who Care About Control. Capital need of up to $1.5M

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

Brand Marketing vs. Product Marketing: What’s the Difference and Which Should You Invest In?

ConversionXL

It partners with sales to close more revenue, informs product teams to deliver better products, and in some cases, co-owns demand generation activities with marketing teams. Founder Nathan Barry launched in 2013 to help creators sell their books and courses but failed to meet revenue goals and eventually stalled. Image source.

Marketing 110