article thumbnail

First LGBTQ+ in Tech Forum Gathers DFW Community for Inspiring Conversations

Austin Startup

We’re proud to be working with local leaders to develop more consistent LGBTQ+ community events that extend well beyond Pride Month. The LGBTQ+ in Tech Forum started off with a networking lunch, which then led to a Keynote speech from distinguished investor Joel Fontenot , Managing General Partner at Reditus Ventures.

article thumbnail

The Story Of A Young Entrepreneur Building A Better World With A Nonprofit

Duct Tape Marketing

Camden is the Founder and CEO of the Nonprofit Organization Beyond the Crisis Beyond the Crisis, the food-distribution charity, which has distributed over 100,000 dollars of food items to housing communities and homeless shelters across Massachusetts. 2:20] What were some of the challenges along the way? I'm very ambitious.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

California, Massachusetts, New York, Colorado

VC Adventure

California, Massachusetts, New York, Colorado. That’s the order of states with the greatest dollar value of seed and early stage investment according to a PWC MoneyTree study that my partner Jason blogged about today. When building an entrepreneurial community one needs to take a 10+year view of the effort.

article thumbnail

What does it mean to be Latinx in Tech Today?

Austin Startup

Latinx leaders delved into discussions on representation and how to navigate the tech ecosystem, as well as exploring cultural values, perceptions, and resiliency in the Latinx tech community. In order to get your demographics to understand your idea or product, you have to both relate and localize it in the community.

article thumbnail

California, Massachusetts, New York, Colorado

VC Adventure

California, Massachusetts, New York, Colorado. That’s the order of states with the greatest dollar value of seed and early stage investment according to a PWC MoneyTree study that my partner Jason blogged about today. When building an entrepreneurial community one needs to take a 10+year view of the effort.

article thumbnail

It’s Back & Better Than Ever! Announcing NextView’s Everyday Economy Virtual Accelerator

View from Seed

I’m sure you’re familiar with the setup… performative, end-of-program demo days that are meant to somehow wrap the experience up in a bow… gigantic, unfamiliar cohort groups that are somehow meant to feel like close-knit communities… the list goes on and on. Jambb: Boston, Massachusetts . ” – Rob Go, Partner . ~~~.

San Diego 156
article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs: New Assessment Tool For Entrepreneurs

ReadWriteStart

ShareVolution As for the pitches today, first, Daniel McPherson from Australia pitched ShareVolution , an app store for the Microsoft SharePoint community. partners to help bring his product to market. She has a master's degree in electrical engineering and computer science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Spain 115