Remove Advertising Remove Community Remove Partner Remove Social Network
article thumbnail

Social Networking and Business Value

SoCal CTO

Just a quick note that I'll be moderating a Technology Council Event : Social Networking as a Business Strategy May 19, 2009 - Culver City Social networking media are used on a daily basis to grow businesses and expand career opportunities. Can social networking be a money-maker for companies?

article thumbnail

The most important 2021 Predictions in entertainment tech and gaming

VC Cafe

Audio advertising matures – In Carat Trends 2021 the media agency expects there to be a significant increase in audio advertising as both brands and platforms realise its value and power. Read A16Z’s social strikes back series to get a feel of just how much movement is in this space. Immersive ar/vr/xr.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

[Interview] RIM Eyes Southeast Asia’s Developer Scene

YoungUpstarts

RIM is dedicated to working with the developer community in taking their feedback, along with other information and prioritize it as the platform and development process is further refined. We have partnered with existing developer communities, including academic communities to offer developer days and workshops.

Developer 207
article thumbnail

[Review] The Social Customer

YoungUpstarts

Rather, the challenge is this – how can we transform fans and followers on social networks into actual money paying customers? While Facebook, Twitter and YouTube have found ways to monetise their platforms, many are still figuring out ways to connect the social web with the corporate wallet.

article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

The market size for online advertising, e-commerce, and web premium services are 1/10th to 1/3rd the size they are today. Facebook doesn’t exist, even as a walled-garden college social network (Mark Zuckerberg was part way through his freshman year at Harvard). We three partners are working hard.

article thumbnail

What the Past Can Tell Us About the Future of Social Networking

Both Sides of the Table

I recently spoke at Caltech at the Caltech / MIT Enterprise Forum on “the future of social networking,&# the 30-minute video is here and the PowerPoint presentation is here on DocStoc ). What are the big trends that will drive the next phase of social networks? And so it goes with social networking.

article thumbnail

This Week in Venture Capital – Episode 2

Both Sides of the Table

In fact, their affiliate partners dissuaded them from doing so. I think the best solution for the social networking era is “in-stream&# advertising. I know you could argue that YouTube was much broader but it was really popularized in the social networks. Google had huge destination traffic.