Remove California Remove Community Remove Leadership Remove Operations
article thumbnail

How To Use Governance Technology to Protect Nonprofit Board Members Against Cyberattacks

Board Effect

Or consider the case of the breach that affected the Partnership HealthPlan of California, a nonprofit organization that manages health care for counties in California. This highlights a large gap in infrastructure and operation of nonprofit boards. The board needs to have a clear vision of who-does-what after a breach.

article thumbnail

Ardent War Story 5: The Best Marketers Are Engineers

Steve Blank

Some of these advisors from the academic community would work with our of VP of Engineering and help us solve specific technical problems. Yet in our case the product, the machine as delivered from engineering, was a blank, featureless computer with just an operating system and compilers.

Engineer 221
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #15: Lenore Estrada on her SF New Deal, serving the hungry, and civic engagement

Startup Lessons Learned

When it became clear that waiting for government funding and support would take weeks, if not months, Lenore instead looked to her community for both, using her experience with the layoffs and her expertise as a small business owner to solve two of the massive problems crashing over our society. Here's my conversation with Lenore Estrada.

article thumbnail

Social Networking and Business Value

SoCal CTO

Corporations increasingly see social media as a key PR, communications and marketing medium. Social networking sites and microblogs are used not only to build company brands, but to foster productivity; social media tools help build communities around the question, "What are you working on?" a communications tool for enterprises.

article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

The Carson, California company employs about 800 people in its 4 Southern California plants. Today, CedarLane is the largest family-owned and operated national frozen food brand in the U.S. I believe everyone is a leader, whether it’s at work, home, church, or in their community. 2 – Stranded.

San Diego 115
article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

00:00:06] DEREK: Tell us about growing up in Northern California, tell us about what your dad did, what your mom did, and your family a little bit. [00:00:52] I grew up in Northern California. ” “Okay, well you can be an operating partner or a venture partner.” 00:00:52] MARK: Sure.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #3, Jen Pahlka and Raylene Yung on creating the U.S. Digital Response

Startup Lessons Learned

35:20) Inspiring acts of leadership and working hard. (35:50) 35:50) Building community on text messages and threads. (38:30) I would say for the quarantine, I think, it's made me really appreciate how much we can communicate with people digitally. My parents and my brother live in Southern California.