article thumbnail

Miami: A hot spot for venture capitalists

David Teten

I was visiting as part of Terrapinn Private Equity World, a leading private equity conference for the Latin American technology community. Miami has many of the assets of an entrepreneurial hub, notably a flourishing creative community, and a strong public university system. Contributed Articles Florida Presentations and Conferences'

Miami 114
article thumbnail

Eleven Elements That Must Intersect To Create A Vibrant Community 

YoungUpstarts

by Quint Studer, author of “ Building A Vibrant Community: How Citizen-Powered Change Is Reshaping America “. Every community wants to be a great place to live and work. Vibrant communities happen when many different forces intersect in the right way. Vibrant communities don’t just happen. People are moving away.

Community 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Being An Entrepreneur

Hearpreneur

Before becoming a business owner I used to be a manager at the Boeing company and managed a team of engineers working on the 787 Dreamliner. A couple of years ago, on a Sunday, my dad had a stroke which led to him having to go through a long recovery process in Florida. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

The Community Comeback: 14 Ways Local Leaders Are Reshaping America

YoungUpstarts

by Quint Studer, author of “ Building A Vibrant Community: How Citizen-Powered Change Is Reshaping America “ America’s small towns are doing really big things. One of the most crucial hidden truths about the community comeback is who’s driving it: civic-minded entrepreneurs and private citizens of every stripe.

America 100
article thumbnail

What Rejected Cities Can Learn From Amazon’s Feedback And 15 Tips For Attracting Business Investment To Your Community) 

YoungUpstarts

by Quint Studer, author of “ Building A Vibrant Community: How Citizen-Powered Change Is Reshaping America “ Cities across America have been vying for the privilege of hosting Amazon’s $5 billion second headquarters, which is expected to bring with it up to 50,000 high-paying jobs. Have a dashboard.

Community 133
article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Specialized alumni tech networks : Accelerate Yale (which had merged into it YaleFintech and Yale Tech), Yale Science & Engineering Association. Research on high-performing cultures (e.g.,

article thumbnail

Baby Steps To Breakthrough In Regional Economic Development

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

It’s about the collective creativity of the whole community. Richard Florida states that creative people (the definition is far broader than artists, he calls creative workers “High Bohemians”) are the foundation for economic growth. Those young entrepreneurs, designers, engineers?