article thumbnail

Miami: A hot spot for venture capitalists

David Teten

I was visiting as part of Terrapinn Private Equity World, a leading private equity conference for the Latin American technology community. Miami has many of the assets of an entrepreneurial hub, notably a flourishing creative community, and a strong public university system. that cities such as San Francisco and New York have built.

Miami 114
article thumbnail

Creatives Build Rural Economies

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

Richard Florida is, in my view, the top theorist in the USA with regards to economic development. Florida is not without controversy, but I respect his work because it’s data-driven, and, because I’ve seen his theories play out in the real world. Just how does a community encourage creative workers to locate there?

Florida 48
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain How Technology is Impacting Their Business Today

Hearpreneur

Most of our employees are also remote workers who have never set foot in Florida. Instead, they are watching TV through internet streaming services like Netflix, and Hulu. Accounting software is used by businesses to keep track of revenues and costs, while internet banking makes it simple to pay bills and move money between accounts.

article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine. Those unique assets are sometimes leverageable into a resource for strengthening the university’s tech community.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

I focused on what it is I do, I want to be approachable to the community and also I thought it important to express an idea of ‘moving with the times’, being fresh, consistent with modern practices and the such. We workshopped a lot of names, polled friends, and searched the internet. Photo Credit: Erika Hardison.

Naming 105
article thumbnail

It’s Back & Better Than Ever! Announcing NextView’s Everyday Economy Virtual Accelerator

View from Seed

I’m sure you’re familiar with the setup… performative, end-of-program demo days that are meant to somehow wrap the experience up in a bow… gigantic, unfamiliar cohort groups that are somehow meant to feel like close-knit communities… the list goes on and on. See some alumni locations below: Lula: Miami, Florida. Who we are.

San Diego 156
article thumbnail

12 Questions: Meet Maximilian (USA)

crowdSPRING Blog

In our 12 Questions blog series, we feature interviews with someone from the crowdSPRING community. For these interviews, we pick people who add value to our community – in the blog, in the forums, in the projects. Plainly – activities that make crowdSPRING a better community. Max lives and works in Jacksonville, Florida, USA.