article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable: Spotlight On Jacksonville, Florida

ReadWriteStart

This past weekend, the Jacksonville entrepreneurship community hosted their own version of this exciting program. An additional 50 were on the wait-list, an evidence of the energy and enthusiasm that is bubbling in Florida right now. 150 people came together, and 17 businesses were formed.

article thumbnail

Startup Feature: Security Expert Jay Hart talks Community Safety App MCALERT

The Startup Magazine

Jay Hart , a retired 30-year veteran of the Florida police force, has spent the last decade helping communities push information to residents with his public safety focused MCALERT app. The app is a useful tool for connecting communities with important information quickly during emergency situations and community-wide events.

Community 150
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

14 Entrepreneurs Share Their Views on Writing a Business Plan or Not

Hearpreneur

Beyond that, it acts as your business's guiding roadmap, ensuring you stay aligned with your goals as your operations adapt to evolving circumstances. Thanks to Evan Tunis, Florida Healthcare Insurance ! #2- Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Thanks to Michael E. Mastin, BowlakeChinese ! Did you write a business plan?

article thumbnail

Why Bitcoin is Gaining Worldwide Popularity

The Startup Magazine

Bitcoin was conceptualised in 1998 by Satoshi Nakamoto (thought to be possibly a pseudonym), however, the first official Bitcoin transaction did not occur until January 12th, 2009 when Florida programmer Laszlo Hanyecz offered 10,000 Bitcoins for two Papa John’s pizzas (Dowling 2013). Conclusion.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Share Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Ginger Jones saw a way she could help her community and the world as a whole, so she started a business called Jones Therapy Services. I did not consider myself unique from the standpoint of the way my business life operated, and therefore, believed and soon witnessed many people having the same challenges.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurship for Superwomen

Up and Running

A friend recommended it to me, and it was the single most important thing I did on my journey as a business owner and operator. I took a course on innkeeping through a company in Florida, found through online searches and reviews. A business community with diversity. Build your community relationships.

Florida 102
article thumbnail

Modern Governance Summit 2023: Empowering Community Organizations for a Thriving Future

Board Effect

We are thrilled to announce the eagerly anticipated agenda for this year’s event in Orlando, Florida, September 13-15, featuring a series of engaging sessions tailored specifically for volunteer boards. The post Modern Governance Summit 2023: Empowering Community Organizations for a Thriving Future appeared first on BoardEffect.