article thumbnail

Mature Companies Can Learn Many Things From Startups

Startup Professionals Musings

I know that dates me a good bit, but it also shows that I have been hanging around startups and big companies for a long time. The honest truth is that I worked directly with him in the early days of Microsoft from my “safe” perch in big IBM, during the startup of the IBM PC. Enlist community of support.

Startup 205
article thumbnail

5 Steps To Finding The Best Investor For Your Startup

Even though the color of their money is always green, all startup investors are not the same. Investor due diligence on a startup is not a mysterious black art, but is nothing more than a final integrity check on all aspects of your business model, team, product, customers, and plan. It’s no fun for either side.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Impact of Community

Duct Tape Marketing

The Impact of Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing Marketing Podcast with Lloyed Lobo In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast , I interview Lloyed Lobo. He is an entrepreneur, podcast host, and community builder. Would you support that idea? [10:39] 11:32] The subtitle of the book has 13 rules.

article thumbnail

10 Leadership Traits To Inspire Every Startup Founder

These have helped them build trust and confidence among team members, and effectively sell their message to partners, investors, vendors and customers. That only happens if you take an active role in your community and relevant business associations with like-minded people. This applies to suppliers and business partners as well.

article thumbnail

Argona Partners Recognized by GoodFirms as the Best Company to Work With

Argona

Business enterprises, including startups, aim for continuous growth and development as part of their business strategy, but challenges like limited budgets, fierce competition, skill gaps, and inconsistent marketing approaches can hinder their progress. For the year 2024, GoodFirms named Argona Partners as the “Best Company to Work With.”

Partner 52
article thumbnail

10 Keys To Raising Your New Venture Funding Potential

In the investment community, these leadership elements are often called “goodwill.” For early-stage startups, the goodwill component can easily exceed the size of all the financial elements together, or can just as easily mark a company with good financials as not investable. Leadership brand development.

article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Recently I wrote a post arguing to make the definition of a Startup more inclusive than that to which Silicon Valley, fueled by Venture Capital return profiles, would sometimes like to attach to the word. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate.

Community 378