Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Early Stage Remove Startup
article thumbnail

Put A Coin In It! Invest In Early Stage Startups To See Maximum ROI

YoungUpstarts

by Emmanuel de Watteville, co-founder of Blue Ocean Ventures. Investing has always (and will always) come with a long laundry list of liabilities that can deter even the most experienced investors from making a generous contribution to a startup or early-stage company they believe in.

article thumbnail

Textio’s Founder Kieran Snyder on the Two Advantages Startups Have in AI (While Remaining Skeptical Of The Funding Gold Rush)

Hunter Walker

“Admirer from outside of the cap table” is how I approached Kieran Snyder , Cofounder of Textio. Hunter Walk: Textio , the startup you founded and CEO’ed until a few months ago, is almost 10 years old. As I see it, startups have two major advantages. That leads me to the second advantage that startups have.

Cofounder 102
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

[Review] Startup Communities

YoungUpstarts

“We need to be like Silicon Valley,” we hear many a startup community organizer around the world intone. After all, Silicon Valley been held up as a shining example as a hotbed for startups and many clamor to copy its success in positioning themselves as a similar scene for innovation and technological entrepreneurship.

Community 174
article thumbnail

Should Early Stage Startups Move to Austin because of Capital?

Austin Startup

In September 2017, I spent 2 weeks in Austin, Texas to understand what makes this vibrant startup ecosystem tick. It follows up on my posts discussing why early stage startups should — or should not — move to Silicon Valley. Should Early Stage Startups Move to Austin because of Capital?

article thumbnail

Excerpt from "Do More Faster" - Avoid Co-Founder Conflict by Dharmesh Shah

ReadWriteStart

Do More Faster: TechStars Lessons to Accelerate Your Startup is the new book by David Cohen , founder and CEO of TechStars, and Brad Feld , managing director of Foundry Group. Below is his chapter, Avoid Co-Founder Conflict. The sooner you address them, the better off your startup will be. Can any of us be fired?

Cofounder 128
article thumbnail

Top 3 Startup Winner: Digs

The Startup Magazine

At this year’s FUND Conference in Chicago, Illinois, over 100 startups presented their early-stage companies in front of hundreds of investors and industry leaders. The startups ranked most highly by investors and startup enthusiasts in terms of scalability and longevity received votes on how well they connected with investors.

Chad 112
article thumbnail

Los Angeles Startup Events

SoCal CTO

I recently posted about the Increase in Early-Stage Startup Activity in Los Angeles. In that post, I mentioned how one of the signals is the big increase in number of startup events and the number of attendees at those events. Of course, given the size of this list and having kids, I really can't attend a lot of these.