article thumbnail

Co-founder Engaging Florida’s Innovation Ecosystem

Hearpreneur

Brian Kornfeld is President and Co-Founder of Synapse , an innovation hub for entrepreneurs, investors, and governments in the state of Florida to share ideas, solve problems and ultimately provide an ecosystem that ensures everyone from pre-seed startups to exciting unicorns continue to flock to, grow within and re-invest in the Sunshine State.

article thumbnail

Why Bitcoin is Gaining Worldwide Popularity

The Startup Magazine

First, the Bitcoin global popularity increased after the financial crisis of 2008 which led many to question the stability of national currencies and fiat money. Companies such as Microsoft, Dell, Newegg, Overstock , Tesla, and Whole Foods all accept Bitcoin as payment for products, which has only added to the Bitcoin global popularity.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Save the Date! the 5th Lean Innovation Educators Summit

Steve Blank

This is the fifth edition of this semi-annual gathering, a supportive peer community of educators, and we’ll meet to discuss how we adapt to meet the challenges of the current tumultuous environment. We look forward to gathering as a community to continue shaping the future of Lean Innovation Education. Sabra Horne – BMNT.

Lean 350
article thumbnail

Startup Communities Everywhere in the World

Feld Thoughts

We are with Ian Hathaway (my co-author of an upcoming book titled The Startup Community Way) finishing up the draft of the book. Recently, Ian and Richard Florida did a large study that culminated in an extensive report on the Rise of the Global Startup City. Amy and I are in Knoxville, Tennessee all week. So, we will see.

article thumbnail

Startup Focus: Safer Rideshares for Women, Families and Communities

The Startup Magazine

Today we focus on a startup making a impact on the safety of women and underserved communities with a safe rideshare application. Our team-building process creates an unmatched support system for drivers to ensure their professionalism, and to provide a responsive and real community for them on an on-going basis.

Community 125
article thumbnail

[Event] Over 540 Young Entrepreneurs To Converge On Global Startup Youth

YoungUpstarts

Malaysia will see over 500 youth descend on its capital Kuala Lumpur this October for Global Startup Youth (GSY) , a three-day idea accelerator program aimed at helping young entrepreneurs shape and launch new projects that will hopefully evolve into sustainable global businesses. A Meeting Of Young Minds.

Malaysia 229
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurship for Superwomen

Up and Running

But when I felt as if I was under assault in my position as an account executive and global account manager for the largest oil company in the world, I knew I had to do something for myself and my family’s well-being. . I took a course on innkeeping through a company in Florida, found through online searches and reviews.

Florida 102