article thumbnail

Startup Feature: Security Expert Jay Hart talks Community Safety App MCALERT

The Startup Magazine

Jay Hart , a retired 30-year veteran of the Florida police force, has spent the last decade helping communities push information to residents with his public safety focused MCALERT app. The app is a useful tool for connecting communities with important information quickly during emergency situations and community-wide events.

Community 148
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Share Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Ginger Jones saw a way she could help her community and the world as a whole, so she started a business called Jones Therapy Services. Drawing on my background in automotive marketing, I saw an opportunity to help companies make money off of social media. Thanks to Mark Lindquist, Community Phone ! #13-

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Is Your Coworking Space A Thriving Community? If Not, It Should Be

The Startup Magazine

Based in Florida, VentureX is community-centered and committed to making a difference in the way coworking spaces are run. VentureX is disrupting the coworking space scene by creating an environment that becomes part of the surrounding community and encourages community among workers. Coffee shops can be a community, too.

Community 125
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurship for Superwomen

Up and Running

I took a course on innkeeping through a company in Florida, found through online searches and reviews. Not only did I learn a lot about the ups and downs of the hospitality industry from David Caples of Elizabeth Point Lodge, Fernandina Beach, Florida, but I also made a great friend. . A business community with diversity.

Florida 102
article thumbnail

Private Equity and Social Media

David Teten

I’m giving a talk next month on “ How Private Equity Funds Raise Capital and Source Deals with Social Media” at Terrapinn’s Private Equity Latin America & Real Estate Latin America conference in Miami. Here’s my draft presentation: I argue that social media is pertinent throughout the 6-step investing cycle: Investing Cycle.

article thumbnail

ProductionHUB Helps You Search For Media Production Professionals

YoungUpstarts

If you’re a small business or entrepreneur that needs some quality, professional media production work but have no idea where to look for a reliable provider, ProductionHUB ( www.productionhub.com ) is probably your answer (or at least, it will give you your answer). The site sees over 3.5 million user sessions annually.

Search 154
article thumbnail

The Community Comeback: 14 Ways Local Leaders Are Reshaping America

YoungUpstarts

by Quint Studer, author of “ Building A Vibrant Community: How Citizen-Powered Change Is Reshaping America “ America’s small towns are doing really big things. And by and large, they’re doing so under the radar of the national media. We’re asking, How can we make our community the best it can be?

America 100