article thumbnail

Joint Statement by Colorado High-Tech Companies on COVID-19

Feld Thoughts

I’ve been involved with a number of leaders in the Colorado tech community since Wednesday morning as we’ve aggressively mobilized to address the Covid-19 crisis. We are leaders of 35 different technology companies with headquarters or offices in the Denver and Boulder metro areas. Every hour counts.

Colorado 168
article thumbnail

Advancing Gig Worker Conditions in the EU: Progress and Setbacks

Transformify

This blog post critically analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of the proposed legislation, taking into account existing case law in countries like Italy, Spain, France, and the UK. Workers' representatives and trade unions should have a role in decision-making regarding the adoption of technological tools through collective agreements.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Three Lessons from the Coronavirus for Telecom Service Providers So Far

The Startup Magazine

Traffic spikes have been reported in several countries, especially in China and Italy, where massive lockdowns are taking place. The fear is that networks will not be able to cope , especially if other countries follow the examples set by the Czech Republic, Ireland and Italy, shutting schools and restricting movement.

article thumbnail

The Case for Optimism and Risk at Startups

Both Sides of the Table

The press around the raise & company was fantastic and the promise of their technology – wireless charging that works as easily as WiFi – would positively affect many of our lives. What person hasn’t crouched at an airport to get 18% extra on one’s battery before boarding an airplane? Now they are partners.

article thumbnail

10 Companies Want To Show You The Money

YoungUpstarts

All Lyft drivers must be friendly, community-oriented drivers who love meeting new people, who can pass a phone screen, an in-person meeting and background & DMV record checks. An online and mobile community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world. Task Rabbit.

article thumbnail

Small Business Spotlight of the Week: The Nevica Project

crowdSPRING Blog

The Nevica P roject was launched in 2008 by Jayson Lawfer originally as a way to work on his own time while traveling to and from Italy. Since I was splitting my time between the States and Italy, it was very important to start an online business that I could run from my computer, wherever I was in the world.

article thumbnail

Small Business Spotlight of the Week: The Nevica Project

crowdSPRING Blog

The Nevica P roject was launched in 2008 by Jayson Lawfer originally as a way to work on his own time while traveling to and from Italy. Since I was splitting my time between the States and Italy, it was very important to start an online business that I could run from my computer, wherever I was in the world.