article thumbnail

I Haven’t Seen A Startup Yet Thrive Without Marketing

Startup Professionals Musings

Only a few years ago a humorous video or unique toy could be seeded into a couple of relevant online communities, and it would be hugely popular. There is a reason that sites like Priceline.com Europe and Facebook, which everyone believes were made popular by viral marketing, have spent at least $50 million each becoming a household name.

Viral 348
article thumbnail

Viral Marketing And Word-of-Mouth Require Investment

Startup Professionals Musings

Only a few years ago a humorous video or unique toy could be seeded into a couple of relevant online communities, and it would be hugely popular. There is a reason that sites like Priceline.com Europe and Facebook, which everyone believes were made popular by viral marketing, have spent at least $50 million each becoming a household name.

Viral 268
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

A Visit With the European Startup Community

Gust

Two hundred angels, entrepreneurs and members of the startup community attended this inaugural event. We arrived from Moscow on April 25th; the following day, I spoke on Raising Money to Go Global at StartSmart , a conference held at an incubator and innovation center named Technopolis Ülemiste. Isaac’s Cathedral.

Community 121
article thumbnail

Impressions from Pocket Gamer Connects in London

VC Cafe

First and foremost, PGC it’s a meeting palooza – I received over 40 requests for meetings, mainly from game studios all over Europe. Live operations refer to the ongoing management and maintenance of a game after its initial launch, and can include things like events, updates, and community management.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Describe the BHAGs (Big Hairy Audacious Goals) for Their Business

Hearpreneur

Whether we deliver Clinical Evaluation Reports, Literature Reviews, or continued Post Market Surveillance and Vigilance monitoring, their ease of compliance (and acceptance in Europe) is our proudest achievement. 4- To grow into a household name. My business BHAG is to grow into a household name in the next few years.

article thumbnail

How can startups engage with Google?

VC Cafe

I believe I am qualified to talk about this as I spent ~6 years at Google in strategic partnerships (commerce), as head of Campus London (Google’s first physical startup hub), Head of Google for Entrepreneurs Europe (now called Google for Startups) and eventually general partner for Google Ventures. Google for startups homepage.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, the naming of your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. 1- Family history lead to a business entity name . My business name came from family tradition. 4- Business naming Facebook groups.

Naming 126