article thumbnail

Snowflakes in the Valley: What Happens When 40 Nordic Entrepreneurs Visit Silicon Valley

ReadWriteStart

The Internet might be truly global then, but the world of startups still revolves much around Silicon Valley. The old continent often looks up to the Valley as a sort of Eldorado of IT. Silicon Valley is a hub. Silicon Valley is an unfair advantage for startups. A trader on Wall St. Down to Earth.

article thumbnail

Transformify: The Sustainable Platform for Remote Jobs

Transformify

It was a growing community of people who enjoyed their digital nomad lifestyle. were unemployed in other parts of the word and deserved to be given a chance to learn and develop their skills with a fast-growing well-funded startup based out of Silicon Valley for example.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Black People Leveraged Tech Bigotry to Boss the Blockchain Below the Radar

Austin Startup

By the time Silicon Valley white privilege culture, tech magazines that promote only white faces, Ethereum/Bitcoin fanboys, sellout black tech wannabees and globalists promoting their blockchain consortium get a hold of this article, it’s already too late and the game already ended a while ago.

article thumbnail

The Great HQ Migration

Feld Thoughts

That day, I wrote a post titled The Future Of Work Is Distributed. I had no idea that four months later, all office workers in the world would be working from home, and within six months, the idea of distributed and remote work would be a topic discussed daily. Distributed work is here.

article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

So we have five themes – Digital Life and Distribution are the other two.”. Distribution. I do something I now call community hours. And so that is a steady import of talent but even more interestingly what it really did is it re-energized the entrepreneurial community.”. Human Computer Interaction. Protocol Digital Life.

article thumbnail

4 steps to starting a Web business without knowing a thing about coding

The Next Web

is a venture capitalist investing in Silicon Valley and Singapore. You could then distribute flyers asking potential customers to contact you about the service, and find out how many are interested. The most expensive developers are usually around the Silicon Valley or the East Coast. Eddy Lee, Ph.D,

Web 160
article thumbnail

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Boston Tech Community (Fall 2013 Edition)

Rob Go

There is a wealth of resources that are unique to this town and a vibrant community of hackers, product designers, business people, and investors at various stages in their career. Mobile Mondays : Boston chapter of the world’s largest Mobile professional community. GrabCAD – 3D Community and Collaboration (NextView Portfolio Company).

Boston 71